Property AccountantThe Integral Group LLC
Atlanta, GA 30303
IPM Management Services is the property management division of The Integral Group, a real estate investment and development company with divisions specializing in investment, development and management of real estate assets, construction management and program management. Since its inception in January 1993, Integral has compiled a track record of exceptional and noteworthy achievements.
Responsible for the overall accounting and financial management of portfolio consisting of approximately 18 properties with total gross rent potential of $12M
Responsible for providing guidance to property managers and assistance for all accounting related aspects for managing the properties. This includes accounting treatment of various costs incurred by the property. Responsibilities also include providing directives to the accounts payable staff regarding general ledger coding for operating expenses and allocation of payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review financial and analyze financial data to ensure accuracy and timeliness including the preparation and review of variance explanations.
- Meet all internal and external (lender, investors, partners) reporting guidelines as well as monthly, quarterly and year-end deadlines.
- Review and oversee property vendor invoices in accounts payable system in preparation for cash disbursements of such payables.
- Work with internal and external business partners (e.g. asset management, management team, external auditors).
- Maintain and review general ledger account balances to ensure accuracy of postings
- Update Cash on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy and availability of cash/bank balances.
- Ensure detail information is recorded for good audit trail
- Analyze, review, edit, correct and reconcile general ledger accounts
Examine rental activity reports generated from Yardi for proper classification of revenue and prepare reclassifying entries.
Prepare monthly financial statements as required by the owner on cash or accrual method of accounting in accordance with GAAP
Respond to financial reporting requirement of investors, HUD and other agencies
Analyze financial statements and report on budget variances and other abnormalities
Maintain supporting schedules for Fixed Assets, Insurance, Taxes, etc.
Work with the auditors preparing year end audit of financial statements
- Customer service / “business partner” orientation.
- Attention to detail
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated self-starter. Responsible for achieving results with little supervision.
- College degree in a related field or 3 years of accounting experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
BS in Accounting or related degree and 3 - 5 years experience in Property Management Accounting, Multi-family housing preferred
Integral Property Management Group Offers:
Paid vacation, paid sick, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, company paid Long Term Disability and company paid Basic Life Insurance.
Integral is an equal opportunity employer.