Accounting ManagerPreferred Apartment Advisors Llc
Atlanta, GA 30327
Preferred Apartment Communities' Retail division, New Market, is currently accepting applications for an Accounting Manager.
New Market owns and operates a portfolio of grocery anchored centers in nine states.
New Market plans to grow its existing portfolio and participate in the retail development process through a mezzanine financing program. The Company currently has 54 grocery-anchored retail shopping centers for a total of approximately 6.2 million square feet anchored by Publix, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Tom Thumb, Fresh Market, Wal-Mart and others.
This is an exciting time to join the New Market team, a group that is focused on growing the company rapidly, building a cohesive team, and fostering a strong company culture.
Job Title: Property Accounting Manager
Reports To: Assistant Controller and Controller
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing month end close reconciliations and variance analysis, including review of any reports prepared by third party or internal property management and property accounting teams.
- Reviewing common area maintenance (CAM) reconciliations related to tenant reimbursement of common area operating costs.
- Reviewing fixed asset entries, cash receipts entries, journal entries, accounts payable and other processes.
- Work with property managers and asset managers to ensure accounting information accurately reflects property activity.
- Prepare and/or review of property financial statements in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Prepare and/or review of supporting schedules for SEC filings and press releases.
- Prepare and/or review disclosures and reporting policies for New Market Properties, LLC, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls and policies & procedures.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by keeping current on changes in accounting standards (U.S. GAAP) and reporting practices.
- Researching and analyzing technical accounting issues as they develop.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget plan.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits.
- Supervise the training and development of accounting staff, including providing the staff with the necessary guidance and training to fulfill their job responsibilities and giving them regular feedback on their job performance.
- Other projects as needed
Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university required with a concentration in Accounting, preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred.
- Yardi experience, preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Commercial real estate experience, preferred.
- Ability to produce efficient, timely and reliable results to internal and external customers. Work independently and be responsible to monitor critical deadlines. Ability to multitask and take direction from multiple parties in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of parties.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Ability to think creatively and resolve problems. Ability to solve problems involving several options and solutions.
- Willingness to work hard in a transaction oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Team player with a high level of integrity and ethics.
Location: 3284 Northside Parkway NW Ste150, Atlanta, GA 30327
Job Type: Full-time