AP Compliance & Vendor Specialist
AP Compliance & Vendor SpecialistSafe-Guard Products International LLC
Atlanta, GA 30328
AP Compliance and Vendor Specialist – Atlanta, GA (Hybrid)
Actively supports Compliance and Vendor Management activities of the accounts payable function. Provides guidance and direction to colleagues within and beyond the Accounts Payable department. Ensures timely and accurate completion of regular processes and special assignments; ensures compliance with company policies and applicable local, state, or federal requirements; recommends and assists with implementation of process improvements and best practices; interacts professionally with colleagues, Managers, Senior Leadership and all internal or external customers.
This is a high-volume, fast-paced, customer-facing position. Direct interaction with our clients and vendors is an everyday activity for the AP Compliance and Vendor Management Specialist, so strong communication skills with a customer-centric approach is required.
Vendor Setup & Maintenance (Trade AP & Commissions Payees)
- Collection and verification of W-9 at time of vendor setup
- Creation of Vendor ID in Microsoft Dynamics GP with proper tax classifications
- Enter vendor Bank Details for payment via EFT, and initiate prenotes
- Update Vendor card & re-verify TIN as necessary for name, address, TIN, tax status, or bank detail changes
- Coordinate updates with Account Management team as necessary to keep CMS and GP in sync
Annual Vendor Review to ensure complete and proper set up, and tax classifications
- W-9 Update Project (will be a massive effort the first year, but thereafter should be less intense as routine updates are managed more effectively throughout the year)
- Generate 1099 year-end tax forms as appropriate for all business entities
- Research, resolve, and document B-Notices as required
- Become/serve as subject-matter-expert (SME) on 1099 tax reporting requirements; research related IRS publications; provide guidance on impacts to company procedures; implement changes required for compliance
Become/serve as SME on escheatment process requirements; manage escheatment processes
- Establish procedures with the general ledger / bank reconciliation team to effectively use outstanding check listing as starting point for escheatment process
- Research cancellation and claim payment information in CMS for proper disposition of aged checks
- Due Diligence requirements/notification letters, etc.
- Escheatment timelines (stale check age) by state
- Filing deadlines and formats by state
- Audit response
- Process check voids based on escheatment research and/or void requests received via SharePoint
- Assist with implementation of TIN verification system
- Assist with implementation and testing of systemic capture of W-9 details, secure storage, data feed into CMS/GP, by collaborating on business requirements and testing system changes
- Work with Treasury team and bank contacts to ensure that the ACH prenote process is working as expected, generating negative confirmations when details are not valid
- Assist with efforts to enable ACH payments for additional bank accounts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with preference for Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related field
- Preferred minimum of five years of experience with full cycle Accounts Payable
- Experience collecting W-9s, verifying TINs, and generating 1099 forms required
- Proficiency with Excel and Word required, experience with Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, other advanced functions strongly preferred
- Experience with Great Plains / Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong verbal and written communication aptitude required
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to conceptualize systems and processes to facilitate root cause analysis and creative solutions
- Ability to influence and collaborate well with others, interacting effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Must be able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, professional, and reliable
About Safe-Guard Products International:
Safe-Guard Products International is the leading provider of branded vehicle protection products in the finance and insurance space to the automotive, RV, marine and motorcycle/powersports industries. We are a proud partner to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), top retailers, and independent agents across the United States and Canada. In nearly thirty years, we have grown to power a client roster of over 50 leading protection brands and protect over 16 million consumers under Safe-Guard contracts. Our success is driven by over 700 employees, who serve over 12,000 dealers and support contract holders across the U.S. and Canada.
Safe-Guard continues to experience dynamic growth and has earned a stellar reputation from our clients, dealers, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of branded product, technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) an unwavering commitment to uncomplicated care and customer service.
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.