Sr. Accounting Manager
Sr. Accounting ManagerCitrine informatics
QualificationsMicrosoft Excel: 5 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Job Type- Full-time
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to play a critical role in improving the operational efficiency of the accounting department at a fast-growing AI startup.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2021 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group. We earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. In 2021, we also gained our third patent for materials-specific ML technology. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have employees across the country including the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of US GAAP, is comfortable preparing financial statements, is experienced with B2B enterprise-level SAAS revenue recognition and is able to research technical accounting literature. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced accounting professional who enjoys responsibilities and prosper in a dynamic startup environment.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements in compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly and annually reconciliation for high-risk accounts, review reconciliations prepared by other accountants, and ensure timely and accurate monthly close
- Manage a Chart of Accounts to stay compliant with GAAP and DCAA/FAR regulations
- Manage revenue recognition process, coordinate with Sales and Operations timing of rev rec, determine price, MRR, and fair value allocation
- Prepare technical accounting memos, defend rev rec and other policies during financial audits
- Maintain sales, sales commissions, revenue, and booking reports by product, customer, project
- Ensure indirect rates are calculated and allocated accurately and in compliance with FAR
- Implement new accounting processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Monitor and improve internal controls to ensure accounting procedures reflect best practices
- Ensure invoices are run in accordance with sales tax requirements, analyze sales tax liability and make timely filing of sales tax with each nexus state
- Lead or assist on special projects during audits and due diligence
- Assist with preparation of budgets, forecasts, and BVA analysis
- Be the go-to point in updating and modifying reports in Excel and in NetSuite to increase the efficiency of processes, reporting, errors prevention, and detection
- Build ad-hoc management and financial reports as needed
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years experience in accounting, including 3 -5 years in Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager positions in industry, or 3-5 years of industry experience in accounting plus 3-5 years of public accounting audit experience
- Active CPA license in the US
- Rev Rec recognition for enterprise-level SAAS
- Demonstrated experience in month-close procedures
- Mastery of financial statements
- Knowledge of government contract accounting and FAR is a big plus
- Proactive, resourceful and reliable, thoughtful, with extraordinary problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute against competing tasks and projects
- Excel guru, familiar with NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service-driven approach to the team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$120,000 USD - $135,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Citrine Informatics is a covered federal contractor; therefore, our US-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination. As such, candidates seeking employment will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated (two weeks after completion of the entire recommended FDA approved COVID-19 vaccination series) and (2) submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card on or prior to their start date, unless a reasonable accommodation request for a medical or religious exemption has been approved. Please check yes to acknowledge this requirement for this role.
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Required)
- SaaS Rev Rec: 3 years (Required)
- Government Contracts: 1 year (Required)
- CPA (Required)
Work Location: Remote