Patient Care Technician - PCT - Southeast - 2022
Patient Care Technician - PCT - Southeast - 2022Fresenius Medical Care
Atlanta, GA 30350
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
If you reside in one of the below Metro areas and have received this position details from a Fresenius Campus Recruiter or your school,
we welcome you to apply!
Jacksonville / Cape Coral / Fort Myers / Miami / Fort Lauderdale / West Palm Beach / Port St. Lucie / Fort Pierce / Orlando, FL
Atlanta / Sandy Springs / Roswell / Augusta / Richmond County / Savannah, GA
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Assist other health care members in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM), and regarding disease process/access.
- Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to their wellbeing since their last treatment. Report any complaints or observations to the nurse supervisor.
- Evaluate vascular access for patency and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Obtain necessary pre and post treatment vital signs and weight. Report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Perform vascular access cannulation and report any difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Perform administration of Heparin as delegated or as allowed by state law.
- Initiate dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
- Evaluate intradialytic problems and provide intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitor patients’ response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Obtain vital signs prior to reinfusion; perform all relevant functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment - document.
- Discontinue dialysis treatment according to established procedures,
- Evaluate patient prior to termination of venous access - standing & sitting blood pressure.
- Obtain Hemostasis and apply appropriate dressings.
- Evaluate the patient for prior to discharge and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Perform and record Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight and vital signs with initial identification.
- Responsible for calculating and entry of individual patients’ dialysis machine programming for Ultrafiltration (UF) goal; treatment time; Sodium (Na) modeling; and UF modeling as prescribed.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate safety alarms are enabled, including Narrow Venous Limits (NVL) 160.
- Record accurate and timely information regarding vital signs and treatment parameters onto the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet with initial identification.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment including completion of Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet and, if applicable, progress notes.
- Report any significant information and/or change in patient condition directly to the nurse supervisor.
- Observe patient, and conduct machine safety checks according to facility policy. Report any change or unusual findings to the nurse supervisor.
- Perform and document any intervention for unusual patient status and document patients' response to intervention.
- Evaluate patients’ vascular access during treatment including arterial and venous monitoring pressures, provide appropriate intervention as needed, document and report any unusual findings to the nurse supervisor.
- Obtain all prescribed laboratory testing and prepare specimens for collection.
- Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetics - ensure all areas are safe and clean.
- Clean and disinfect dialysis machine surface, chair, equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to facility policy.
- Conduct all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis treatment and document where appropriate.
- Perform all required pretreatment dialysis machine alarm testing including Pressure Holding (PHT).
- Initiate Solution Delivery System (SDS) system.
- Ensure that all blood spills are immediately cleaned with appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
- Prepare, organize, and efficiently utilize supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Complete and document ongoing participation in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review treatment sheets for completeness, ensure nursing signatures are documented, and ensure omitted entries are completed or corrected where appropriate.
- Prepare initial patient chart for admission and compile paperwork for appropriate placement in chart.
- Prepare lab requisitions for prescribed or stat Lab specimens according to laboratory destination.
- Collect, label, appropriately prepare and store lab samples according required laboratory specifications.
- Ensure collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- May assist HT RN on Home Visit as directed
- Reinforces PD / HHD education under supervision of qualified HT RN
- Schedules and contacts patients regarding appointments
- Weigh patient and obtain vital signs
- Collect treatment records and review for completion. Notify RN of incomplete / missing records.
- Cleaning and prepping treatment room; prep charts
- Preparing lab tubes and requisitions & assisting with lab draw days both pre and post draw (PCT certified phlebotomy or per state regulations)
- Clerical duties as assigned (faxing, mailing to physician offices etc.)
- Obtain home hemo water sampling as directed by the HT RN
- Set-up of the home hemo machine and PD Cycler.
- Assist with exit site care when directed by HT RN.
- Warm dialysate solution when directed by the HT RN
- Draw dialysate solution for testing as directed by the HT RN
- Creates and sends patient reminders (supply inventory for order, Kt/V collection, bringing meds to clinic visit for review)
- Assembles/breaks down charts / thins charts
- Maintains logs as directed and applicable
- Inventory of Home Program
- Maintains par levels of home department supplies
- Files home patient packing slips/invoices
- Inventory for Patients
- Assists patient with supply management and contacting customer service
- Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS)-approved state and/or national certification or High School diploma or G.E.D. and must meet certification requirements within the required state or CMS timeline.
- All appropriate state licensure, education and training (if any) required.
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or related facility preferred.
- Continued employment is dependent on successful completion of the FMCNA dialysis training program and successful completion of CPR certification.