Portfolio Manager III
Portfolio Manager IIIBancorpSouth
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in? At Cadence Bank we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with our company!
Cadence Bank: A distinctive beat. A unique rhythm. A synchronized harmony.
Cadence Bank strives to innovate by promoting fresh ideas, making technology accessible, and combining high tech with high touch. We take the time to discover our customers' needs and pain points, which provide the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships that work. We're a regional bank, so we're small enough to offer personal attention, yet we're large enough to offer big bank services. We celebrate our home, our neighbors, and the diversity we represent. We share common goals and situations. We embrace each other as valued team members. And we bring the best people forward.
Credit Approval Process:
- Assists in preparation of credit requests including new originations, renewals, modifications and prospect briefings.
- Under the direction of the Credit & Underwriting Executive, ensures completeness and accuracy of approval documentation in the loan approval, prospect, renewal and modification processes
- Evaluates structures, quality, integrity and soundness of all financial analysis.
- Assists in completion of all credit request package documents, such as assignment of risk ratings, financial analysis, industry analysis, relationship summary, pricing model and other required documents needed for loan approval.
- Underwrites companies with risk exposure or potential risk exposure to the bank
- Completes approval and commitment process (e.g. Committees) ensuring accuracy of approval documents, compliance with Credit Policy and accuracy of documents and supporting exhibits
- Works with Relationship Managers and clients negotiating and communicating final deal structure and terms
- Communicates final deal structure, pricing, terms and conditions to client and Sales team maintaining integrity of formal Committee Approvals
- Frequently visits clients and reviews client performance and financials.
- Serves as primary liaison for client prospects; interacts in-person and via phone with existing customers, potential customers and Corporate Banking Sales teams on a routine basis
- May be responsible for identifying cross-sell opportunities
Portfolio Management and Review Processes:
- Provide guidance and mentoring to credit analysts in underwriting process as well as lending assistants in the booking and maintenance of the relationships on the loan system
- Authenticates all post loan closing activities, including conditions precedent to closing, are accurate and complete
- Monitor, review and ensure compliance on loan covenants, borrowing base certificates, and other loan documentation and requirements
- Follow up and clear any exceptions on any loans in assigned portfolio
- Proactively manages credit risk and exposure for an assigned portfolio including early detection of volatile industries and markets for assigned portfolio within designated region, initiating credit modifications and risk upgrading/downgrading
- Responsible for formal credit review processes such as monitoring as well as Credit File reviews, Audits, Compliance Reviews, ongoing as well as required periodic reviews
- Reviews assigned portfolio and related files for accuracy and completeness all formal loan documentation, comments and updates
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, work within a team environment and work independently and structure credits.
- Ability to work with large databases and datasets for extraction and conversion into useful business information.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, Credit Policy, applicable laws and industry data sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years Credit Analyst, 9+ yrs in a Senior Credit, Loan or Workout position, or 7+ yrs in a Credit or Loan Workout Officer position or 6+ yrs in Comml Lending Officer type position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.