Business Development, Enterprise Strategist II
Business Development, Enterprise Strategist IIFIS Global
Atlanta, GA 30363
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :25 - 50%
At FIS, our technology and our people are moving forward. We advance the way the world pays, banks and invests. We believe in building inclusive, diverse teams. Together, we innovate to help our colleagues, clients and communities succeed. If you’re ready to grow your career and make an impact in fintech, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the role: Assists in identifying and developing business cases for strategic revenue, product and cost synergy opportunities that transcend business units to improve overall corporate financial performance. Role requires acute business acumen and adeptness in building credibility, trust, and strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. (E.g. Finance, Legal, external clients/business prospects, business units, M&A Team.)
About the team: Team reports to the SVP, and Division Executive of Business Development. We are building a dynamic team that will work closely with Enterprise Portfolio Management personnel to influence and align corporate-wide research and development decisions with corporate vision and strategy.
What will you be doing
- You will work closely with strategic pricing personnel to advise and influence business unit executives
- You will work on corporate-wide revenue and profit maximizing pricing strategies and key account revenue structure
- In conjunction with competitive intelligence personnel, advises senior executives on competitors, mega-trends, strategic threats and industry inflection points.
- Defines and disseminates strategy methodology utilized at all levels of the corporation, including business units.
- As a visible and respected industry thought leader, represents FIS in industry press, with equity and industry analysts, industry associations, at industry conferences, FIS conferences, strategic sales opportunities and senior executive meetings at key accounts.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, engineering or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5 - 10 years+ Professional business experience. Highly developed interpersonal skills required in order to successfully interact and collaborate with peers and the corporation’s most senior executives
- Expert level PowerPoint skills, and presentation skills
- Expert level communication and relationship management skills
- Fast learner with intellectual capacity to function in a highly complex global organization
- Analytical, disciplined, data-oriented decision maker and problem solver
- Bias toward decisive action
- Fair amount of strategy, pricing, portfolio management, competitive intelligence and primary research experience, preferably in the financial services technology industry
- Good understanding of FIS products and services, banking technology, payments technology and at least one banking discipline highly preferred
- Skill to create and explain complex financial models that support executive decision-making
- Experience with solution-based selling to executives (ideally banking executives)
- Experience with both acquisitions and divestitures, preferably in the financial services technology industry
- Ability to analyze market and clients' business needs and determine related requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and management across technical and business functions across FIS and client or partner organizations
- Thorough knowledge of corporate policies and procedures
Bonus if you have:
- Banking/financial services experience
- Experience assessing legal documents /contracts
- Working knowledge of mergers and acquisitions
At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive exceptional benefits including:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Tools for personal and professional growth
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- Resources to invest in your community
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.