Associate Director, ESG and Climate Sales
Associate Director, ESG and Climate SalesZM Financial Systems
Collaboration = Innovation
One leads to the other. At Moody’s, we believe good teamwork gives us an edge. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives to overcome ever-changing market challenges. Join us and let’s move the world forward together.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
The Associate Director of ESG & Climate Sales is responsible for the sales of the Moody’s ESG and Climate Risk data and analytics and the ongoing relationship management of our clients and partners in their defined region/territory.
- Market & sell ESG and climate products into the Banks vertical which includes Capital Markets, Investment Banking, and Asset Management groups within full service financial institutions.
- Manage the full lifecycle sales process from lead generation through to qualification, presentation, proposal, negotiation and contracting.
- Responsible for ongoing client relationship management, client retention and cross-selling.
- Develop and enhance strong relationships with clients, prospects, partners and other stakeholders.
- Participate in all proposals for contractual relationships with MESGS’s clients including request for proposals and request for information.
- Provide current forecasts and regular pipeline information to management.
- Meet established sales targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships ensuring satisfaction.
- Work closely with Product Specialists, Product Managers, Marketing Strategists and other colleagues across the Moody’s organization to leverage their appropriate expertise to the sales cycle.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Position requires travel.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics, Sustainability or related area required, MBA desirable.
- 5+ years experience in a sales role within in a software/services organization with a successful track record in sales, preferably selling solutions to the global marketplace.
- Understanding of ESG, sustainability and/or risk analysis within our target markets (asset owners, asset managers, corporations, banks, insurance companies, governments, etc.)
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a global team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- English required; other languages a plus.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.