Environmental Programming Coordinator
Environmental Programming CoordinatorThe Frazer Center
Atlanta, GA 30307
Job Type- Full-time, Temporary
The Frazer Center is seeking an Environmental Programming Coordinator. Each year, 250 ren, from birth through age nine, prepare for success in the Frazer Center’s inclusive, NAEYC-accredited early education program and summer camp. Seventy percent of the ren served are typically developing, and 30% have a diagnosed special need or a research-based risk factor for developmental delay. In addition to the Children’s Programs, each day Frazer Center also serves approximately 100 adults with developmental disabilities with vocational and community-based services. The Frazer Center has worked for the inclusion of people with disabilities in the Atlanta community for 66 years.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee development, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the Frazer Center Forest Based Early Childhood Curriculum, in coordination with Child Development Program staff.
- Develop and implement teacher training on the Forest Curriculum.
- Lead implementation of the Frazer Forest Curriculum Outreach Program to preschools from under-resourced communities.
- Develop inclusive forest-based programming for Frazer Center’s Adult Program
- Coordinate with community and volunteer partners on restoration of the Frazer Forest for use as an accessible therapeutic and educational space
- Serve as a resource to Frazer Center teachers and DSPs during outdoor learning and activity
- Develop and implement plan for use of internal courtyard as a gardening space for both ren and adults
- Coordinate community education and engagement programs related to Frazer Forest
- Develop safety protocols for outdoor learning that align with licensing, accreditation, and regulatory requirements
- Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers
- Collaborate with Director of Development on funding opportunities for the program
- Collaborate with other Frazer Center staff on opportunities to promote Frazer Center’s environmental programming at conferences, through community partnerships, etc.
- Collaborate on development of the budget for expenditures related to environmental programming.
- Ensure care and maintenance of any equipment, materials, or supplies purchased
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as described in the Teacher and DSP Handbooks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Reaching and pushing
- Lifting from floor to chest level
- Sitting on classroom floor
- Comfortable working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
Reports to and is under the direct supervision of the CEO
EXRERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- At least 3 years of environmental education experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS in biology, environmental education, or other related field preferred
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and creative “think outside the box” solution-based mindset required
- Experience in early hood settings and knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for ren 6 weeks to 5 years’ old a plus
- Experience working in inclusive settings for ren and/or adults with disabilities a plus
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must pass mandatory criminal background checks and drug screen
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $42,000.00 - $46,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Environmental Education: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location