National Account Manager - Home Services
National Account Manager - Home ServicesGannett
Atlanta, GA 30324
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Account Manager-National Brands (Home Services) #LI-Remote
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sales Account Manager is primarily focused on supporting and growing the business for the National Sales channel by growing revenue with existing customers, as well as in identification and support of new advertising prospects through the funnel. Additionally, the Sales Account Manager works with internal departments as a partner in developing complex advertising solutions and works directly with the clients to provide superior customer relationship management. Other activities include attending client meetings, creating advertising media plans, using independent judgment in negotiating terms, and managing the full lifecycle of day-to-day account management activities, including the successful launch, maintenance and growth of all campaigns.
PILLARS FOR SUCCESS IN ROLE:
1. Retention – Through ability to develop long term client partnerships, and excellent communication skills with major brands, as well as multiple suborganizations
2. Performance – Balancing corporate goals/KPIs along with achieving those of clients
3. Sales – Constant evaluation of upselling and new selling opportunities to achieve individual and segment objectives and growth
4. Team Partnership – Main POC for clients and internal executing partners. Candidate must be able to excel with multiple internal and external team members through organization, accountability and excellence of service in a fast-paced team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with assigned Brand Manager(s) on proposals, in order to meet client objectives, collaborating with various cross-company teams to develop best advertising solutions as needed
- Develop and revise media plans with existing accounts by analyzing historical data on customer spending, as well as considerations of client objectives, timing, product offerings, product performance and inventory availability
- Project manage and coordinate campaign execution (contract development and execution, customer onboarding/hand off with client services, billing, collaborate on campaign performance reports/customer reviews and ongoing client retention activities with client services)
- Project manage internal creative builds and sponsorship/custom programs – working as a liaison between client/creative agency and internal teams towards successful execution.
- Collaborate closely with Client Services and Client Strategy to identify and own up-sell/cross-sell opportunities with the client
- Ensure effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs, and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues
- Provide support on print business where applicable
- Participate in project work as directed by supervisor
- Extensive working experience with developing large ad solutions against market strategies, events and brands
- Experience working with research, sales and operations to execute solutions
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of online media
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
- Must be able to constantly prioritize workload with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
- Must be a team player and key strategist
- Ideal candidate lives in the Eastern or Central U.S. Time Zone
- College education
- 3 years working experience in digital advertising
- 3 years previous work experience in the media/publishing industry
- 3 years previous work experience working with sales personnel
- Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint), CRM or Order Management/Workflow systems experience a plus
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including birth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: 33.80933:-84.37184
• Post ID: 21645903