Business Development Representative
Business Development RepresentativePagerDuty
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn't location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Our sales team works with best-in-class products which digitally transform real-time operations for our clients. As a member of the PagerDuty BDR team, you will hold a key position in the development and growth of our sales pipeline. A successful BDR will play a strong role in fueling the continued growth and evolution of PagerDuty. You will support the Account Executives team as you follow a well-defined methodology that helps them identify the customer's unique needs and clearly convey the value of PagerDuty products.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a high-energy, motivated, and organized team player. This role will allow you to gain exposure to all aspects of the sales cycle and the ability to have a hand in some of the hottest opportunities we work on, in a fast-paced, high-velocity environment. Our collaborative Sales culture is dedicated to our team's personal advancement, growth, and development while we continue to maintain a rewarding environment.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Clearly articulate PagerDuty's business value proposition to assess buying interest and demonstrate passion about transformation and innovation
- Conduct account development best practices and strategically target commercial and enterprise accounts, by leveraging phone, email, video and social technologies
- Develop and leverage discovery process in having conversations with Mid to C-Level suites
- Proficient in utilizing Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Outreach and Zoominfo
- Consistent record with achieving sales goals
- Strong collaboration and time management skills
- Endless curiosity - you love asking questions and learning
- Go-getter attitude - proven track record at achieving measurable goals
- High performance - thrives in a fast-paced sales environment
- Team player - working with your Account Executive to develop a territory plan
- BA/BS Degree
- Prior sales development experience preferred
- Experience using salesforce.com preferred
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity; Culture
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.