Paraprofessional CounselorCommunity Counseling Solutions
Driver's License (Required)
Job Type- Full-time, Part-time, Contract
COMMUNITY SUPPORT INDIVIDUAL
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Community Supports individual performs a variety of clinical and administrative work involving the delivery of mental health services to ren and adolescents in need of treatment and support. This position will work with a team of clinicians in the planning, implementation and performance of therapeutically oriented activities and programs for consumers receiving mental health and substance abuse treatment services. This position requires considerable knowledge of mental health disorders and treatment methods, as well as an understanding of the principles and techniques used in the treatment of mental health disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receives referrals of clients in need of mental health services and monitors client's behavior in relation to treatment plan goals and client's needs.
2. Maintains a caseload of individuals with personal social behavior problems including severe mental illness.
3. Conducts assessments of client's needs, actively participates in the development of the consumer's Individual Recovery/Resiliency Plan (IRP), and makes appropriate documentation in the record.
4. Provides counseling and support to clients individually with the community.
5. Participates in various staff meetings and in-services, and communicates with team members on observed behaviors and progress of consumers.
6. Manages own schedule which must include a minimum of 16 hours of in-office coverage.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and ten semester hours of college coursework in social work, psychology, or a closely related field and/or one year of experience providing counseling services in a human service delivery setting. A Bachelors' Degree in clinical psychology, counseling or a related field is preferred.
2. Knowledge of mental health disorders and treatment methods, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting.
3. Ability to provide skilled treatment to clients with social and behavioral problems.
4. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with consumers, families, service providers and colleagues.
5. Knowledge of clinical operation and procedures, Medicaid services and community mental health resources.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Have you had any experience with Sharenote or Birpnotes?
- Have you completed any Relias Essential Learning exams?
- Do you have your Relias Essential Learning? Also CPR/ CPI certificates?
- Have you done BIRP notes before?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- counseling services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Degree / Transcript (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations