Corporal/SupervisorAGB Investigative Services, Inc.
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
The Corporal will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services at an assigned customer. Act as a liaison between Operations Management, Account Managers, and security personnel. Supervise staff on assigned site/s, provide coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range. This position requires knowledge and understanding of daily operations and AGB’s policies and procedures.
· Oversees that all aspects of the security function on-site are performed in a diligent manner (staffing, uniform, scheduling, and on-site training).
· Ensures quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel assigned to his/her site.
· Enforces AGB’s policies as outlined in the Employee handbook, bulletins, and post orders.
· Meets all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
· Assists with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings.
· Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
· Provides the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
· Helps Account or Operations Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
· Implements security and safety improvements that benefit the company’s assets, visitors, tenants and employees as directed by the Director of Security.
· Develops and maintains positive relations with tenants, contractors, local law enforcement, community and groups or associations that benefit the company.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. test certificate required. Associate degree preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Security.
· United States citizenship.
· 18 years of age at the time of application submission.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
· Active listening skills.
· Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively.
· Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
· Ability to provide relevant feedback and information necessary for improving efficiency.
· Demonstrates good attention to detail.
· Ability to audit and edit daily/weekly reports and forms.
· Must maintain strict professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
· Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey information and explain or discuss office policy and procedures with others in person or by telephone.
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Must follow all AGB policies and procedures.
· Ability to effectively understand and communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
· Highly accountable, reliable, and prompt, with a strong work ethic.
· Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
· Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
· Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
· Neat and professional appearance.
· Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).
· Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
[This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements.]
· Ability to sit at a desk for a large portion of the day.
· May require periods of walking throughout the facility.
· Ability to effectively operate and utilize a computer.
· Must be able to work longer hours based on departmental needs.
· Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
· Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
· Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
· Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
· Run as needed.
· Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
· Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
· Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
· Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
· Valid Security Credentials
· Clean Driving Record
· Valid 24-hour security training certificate
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
· Must be able to work standard hours with occasional weekends and/or evenings
· Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
· Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations