Maintenance DirectorCWS Apartment Homes, LLC
QualificationsMaintenance: 1 year (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Job Type- Full-time
As a Maintenance Director, you’ll effectively lead a maintenance team and actively participate in the maintenance of the physical condition of the entire community while promoting resident satisfaction. Here’s more of what we’ll look for from you:
- Leadership: You’ll facilitate a high performing team through frequent communication and coaching of diverse skillsets to ensure property success.
- Quality Control: You’ll provide feedback to the team on their work, and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to help with work orders and projects.
- Expense Management: You’ll review and analyze the property budget to ensure expenses are maintained within guidelines.
- CWS Values: You’ll embrace our core values and set an example to the team by demonstrating these values on a daily basis.
Lead maintenance team members
- Establish clear performance expectations based on job descriptions and CWS standards.
- Conduct quarterly connections with team members.
Make ready vacant apartments
- Supervise and monitor the performance of maintenance team.
- Schedule and coordinate the make ready of vacant units according to CWS Standards.
- Utilize computer reports, checklists and electronic make-ready boards for up-to-date status of condition of units.
- Ensure all vacant unit condition reports/make ready board are accurate for the leasing team.
- Actively participate in painting and repairs when needed.
- Coordinate and ensure quality of work performance of vendors and contractors.
- Monitor overall quality of a make ready unit via inspection prior to being made ready in Onesite.
Completes service requests
- Assign and coordinate service requests to CWS policy to ensure 24-hr response.
- Actively participate in performing service requests and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate, solicit bids, and monitor quality of work performed by vendors and contractors.
- Participate in the call back of service requests to monitor resident satisfaction.
- Track all service requests through Onesite.
Performs exterior and common area maintenance
- Make regular inspections of the buildings, landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, lights, signage, playgrounds, pools, etc. to ensure CWS standards, and notify Community Director of any problem areas.
- Oversee and troubleshoot maintenance of pools, spas and amenities. Ensure pool chemical testing is performed daily.
- Monitor trash disposal by outside vendors.
Leads and participates in the CWS Risk Management Program
- Implement and maintain the CWS Risk Management Program.
- Respond to community emergencies such as, major crimes, fire, weather damage, and serious accidents.
- Using an Incident Report, document damage and/or accidents involving residents and team members according to CWS standards.
- Notify Community Director of accidents, emergencies or disasters.
- Ensure the CWS Safety Policies are in effect.
- Plan, facilitate, monitor, track and participate in regular safety meetings.
- Ensure key control policies are in effect.
- Conduct property inspections to prevent workplace accidents and promote resident safety.
- Maintain alarms and fire/life safety equipment.
- Document and maintain records of location for all power, water, and gas cutoffs, clean-outs, traps and fire extinguishers.
Participate in resident satisfaction programs
- Participate in resident activities and preparation
- Participate in resident service programs, when offered.
Maintain Inventory and Shop Organization
- Ensure adequate inventory of parts and supplies are available according to need and budget allowances.
- Assist Community Director in budget control and budget preparation.
- Responsible for inventory control and the physical condition of all equipment and tools.
- Procure parts and supplies from stores, warehouses, and rental stores when delivery service is not available, expedient or cost effective.
- Maintain appliance inventory, when applicable.
Lead and participate in preventative maintenance program
- Maintain schedules for interior preventative maintenance measures, such as filter checks, coil cleaning, leak detection, etc.
- Maintain schedules for exterior preventative maintenance measures such as light checks, gutter cleaning, tree trimming; gate inspection and lubrication, sand filter changes, etc.
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules determined by extreme weather to prevent freeze damage to plumbing and pools, and prevent icy surfaces/slip & fall conditions, etc.
- Organize and participate in regional S.W.A.T. preventative maintenance activities.
Communicate with customers, including residents, investors, vendors, regional leadership, and other CWS team members.
- Review and respond to emails, correspondence, and requests.
- Distribute company information to team members as received.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to read service requests and schedules in English
- Oral and written communication skills
- Able to adhere to set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies as required
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures, and practices
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to professionally interact with customers, residents, and guests
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than home property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- EPA certification (required); HVAC, Pool and other state and local certifications (preferred)
- Minimum 2- 4 years previous full-time work experience in apartment maintenance (preferred), or a trade that requires basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and HVAC
- Own a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and current automobile insurance
- Own a basic set of hand tools
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations