Design Director - Workplace Interiors
Design Director - Workplace InteriorsGensler
Atlanta, GA 30309
As a Gensler Design Director, you will lead creative, collaborative teams dedicated to design innovation and excellence. Use your unique design perspective to bring new approaches to design process and strategy, develop next-generation talent, and help our clients reimagine what’s possible.
What You Will Do
- Lead the creative efforts on client projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies
- Mentor and provide creative direction to design teams
- Act as a primary design interface with clients and consultants
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Select interior finishes, furniture and equipment
- Produce space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Review drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors
- Oversee and curate project photography
- Oversee and curate awards submissions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of design or architecture
- 15+ years of professional interior design and/or architecture experience; recent corporate interiors project experience is required
- NCIDQ certified, RA and/or LEED accreditation are preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Revit and other computer design programs.
- Must have a project portfolio of large corporate office projects. Ideally project portfolio will show a range of corporate interiors from 25k-1M sq. ft for tech firms, law firms, and other companies
- This role is not remote, we look forward to working with our new Design Leader in our incredible Atlanta office. Learn more about our team here: https://www.gensler.com/offices/atlanta
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions, our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.