SR. TELECOM DESIGNER
SR. TELECOM DESIGNERWSP
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP USA company, is currently initiating a search for a Sr.Telecom Designer for our kW offices which includes the following: Tempe, AZ - Milwaukee, WI - Atlanta, GA- Troy, NY
As a Sr. Telecom Designer with us, you will design Outside Plant Pathways and other building systems including MMR/IDF layouts, Cable Tray layouts, Wireless Access Point layouts, and structured Cabling infrastructur layout to support the Controls Network. The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using Revit, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members.
- Work independently to perform a variety of BIM / CAD design assignments supporting multiple engineering disciplines.
- Produce accurate 2D drawings, 3D BIM Models using Revit or equivalent BIM program
- Design of low voltage systems for buildings including telecommunications systems, audio visual, security, and electrical/mechanical control integrations
- Meet required schedules while producing quality work
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control of design packages
- Perform design tasks for site and building technologies including telecommunications systems, audio visual, security, and control integrations
- Independently support the team during design and construction stages of projects research & recommend fundamental components identified in designs
- Develop equipment, conveyance and device layouts, floor plan, and riser diagrams
- Prepare cable schedules and specifications
- Perform construction administrations tasks
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members
- Demonstrate significant understanding of the range of services provided by the kW MCE engineering teams & related practices
- Implement best practice procedures
- Integrate project requirements into mission critical facility designs
- Attend and represent the Telecom discipline in internal and external meetings
- Lead Telecom projects
Who You Are
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 7+ year of relevant post education experience in discipline with prior drafting and design support experience.
- Familiar with drafting and design support principles, practices, process, methods and techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in designing low voltage systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Experience with applicable software packages including AutoCAD, Revit
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with international projects
- RCDD and/or DCDC certifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 7 years
- Travel Required: 20%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ATLANTA - PERIMETER CENTER
- All locations: US-AZ-Tempe, US-GA-Atlanta, US-NY-Troy, US-WI-Milwaukee
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.