Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA works closely with architects and owners internationally on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance. We offer an unparalleled and unprecedented range of services developed by a team that is dedicated to the design and operation of containment and biomedical science facilities. WSP's Science & Technology office is the hub of our containment experience, providing single-focused expertise in programming, planning, architectural and engineering services.
WSP USA is an internationally recognized leader in containment laboratory design, proven by more than two decades of designing the world's most advanced facilities. We are initiating a search for an Entry-Level Architectural Designer for our Atlanta office to work under the direction of Project Directors in cooperation with the project team to develop high quality design on time and on budget. This is an opportunity to join one of the premier teams delivering complex projects in the Science and Technology space to marque clients across the world.
- Under the direction of the project design team, generates architectural design drawings in collaboration with discipline leads.
- Researches alternative solutions and design options in support of the project team
- Applies limited knowledge of standards and practices, techniques and procedures
- Provides analysis and develops suggestions and ideas to address design challenges and opportunities
- Interface with the Laboratory Planning and Design group, Site Planning Group, Engineering Groups, and other consultants in developing building systems.
- Coordinates the development of work products such as specifications, drawings and illustrative graphics.
- As part of a team, may participate in presenting concepts and planning schemes clearly and concisely to owner's clients, staff and engineers.
- Work collaboratively with other architects, engineers, professionals, and building authorities on Federal, State, regional, local, and privately funded building and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
1+ years of professional working experience
Working knowledge of building and zoning codes.
Working Knowledge of technical specifications and general conditions.
Ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts.
Proficient REVIT and AutoCAD skills.
Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master's Degree
- Familiarity with lab planning principles.
- LEED or WELL accreditation
- Knowledge of federal design and technical standards
- US Citizen for work on Federal project #LI-KB1
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 1-3 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ATLANTA - PEACHTREE RD
- All locations: US-GA-Atlanta
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.