Interior Project Designer
Interior Project DesignerPerkins+Will
Atlanta, GA 30309
As an Interior Project Designer, you will:
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts with ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Demonstrate understanding and leadership in the architectural design process and integration of standalone interiors projects and design concepts.
- Facilitate interior design efforts and project teams, including design direction and client engagement.
- Participate in marketing efforts and potentially lead design presentations to prospective clients.
- Coordinate integration of basic engineering systems into the overall project design.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with internal standards.
- Participate and collaborate in design reviews, charettes, and pin-ups.
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance and design ideas.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to staff.
- Coordinate effectively with clients, partners, and consultants throughout project phases.
To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design or a related discipline.
- 8-10+ years of experience, healthcare experience/interest preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred.
- Strong design portfolio.
- Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations, industry standards, and application of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge in programming, planning, and site analysis.
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- LEED AP or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Licensure strongly preferred.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).
The safety of all employees is a priority during COVID and we presently require everyone to be fully vaccinated to enter our studio or attend in person client meetings or visit job sites. No waiver of requirement that the position advertised includes the capacity to be present in the studio is expressly or impliedly waived.
Perkins&Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces, service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)