Civil DesignerGPD Group
Atlanta, GA 30338
Join GPD Group, where our purpose is to improve the well-being of our employees, clients, communities and business partners by transforming opportunities into success. We are passionate about the work we do and the relationships we build with clients. Our employee ownership structure fosters a non-hierarchical collaborative work environment, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and creativity to the betterment of the organization and our clients. This structure also enables each associate to explore and expand their talents, reach their full potential, and deliver to the core traits that guide GPD group and allow us to deliver successfully for our clients.
For more than 55 years, GPD Group has been providing architectural, engineering and planning services to clients across the United States. With a diverse team of over 600 professionals working in 14 different offices, it is our passion for our work and our commitment to our purpose that unites us.
GPD is currently seeking a Civil Designer for our Telecom team in our Atlanta, GA office location.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-5 years of experience.
- Experience in supporting architects and engineers in design and documentation for project work.
- Experience in developing construction documents and engineering reports in the fast-paced multi-site industry.
- Associates degree of Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Technology required.
- Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology will also be considered.
- AutoCAD experience required. Bluebeam and MS Office products experience preferred.
- Field survey and construction administration experience preferred.
- Ability to work within a team environment working with individuals from various offices and in various disciplines through all phases of design.
- Have a working knowledge of codes, standards, and building construction methods.
- Must be organized and possess strong communication skills and professional writing skills
- Some local area travel may be required on occasions.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical problem-solving.
- Engineering design and documentation with an emphasis in Energy or Telecom projects.
- Some travel and field work to collect data and develop solutions.
- Project planning.
- Develop calculations, diagrams and models to support technical solutions.
- Preparation of construction documents based upon field surveys, available resources and client requirements.
- Collaboration with all disciplines and stakeholders.
- Supporting projects with technical design and documentation using AutoCAD.
- Researching design solutions and products.
- Permitting research, submittals, and follow-up.
GPD offers a compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching and company contribution
- Vacation & Sick Time
- And much more…
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Disabled/Vet
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 22001789