Engineering Field Technician
Engineering Field TechnicianWoolpert
Atlanta, GA 30350
Woolpert Inc. a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to serve as Engineering Field Technicians in Atlanta, GA.
The Engineering Field Technician is expected to perform various sewer inspections, including but not limited to; manhole inspections, flow monitoring, smoke testing, and dye flooding. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong work ethic, be reliable, a team player, and willing to learn. Although experience is not required, it is preferred. Knowledge of sanitary/storm sewers is a plus. Potential candidates must be able to pass federal background check, drug screen, and have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be willing to enter sanitary manholes with company provided PPE.
- Must be willing to work outdoors, in all-weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record, as required by our insurance company.
- Must successfully pass periodic drug testing as required by company policy.
- Must have reliable source of transportation to jobsites.
- Must pass basic safety training.
- Must follow Woolpert safety procedures at all times.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Responsible for following project quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Must have basic computer skills. Experience in GIS environment and database management is preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to practical situations.
- Answers questions from office engineering personnel about data collected in the field and collection methods.
- Assists crew chief in field equipment setup.
- Maintains field equipment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of database management.
- Basic understanding of GIS principles & experience with GIS software.
- Basic understanding of sewer systems and natural waterways.
- <10% Travel
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to descend into sanitary manholes with safety gear to access work locations.
- Ability to frequently lift and move more than 100 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to frequently reach with hands and arms and climb.
- Must have vision abilities of close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and the globe, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: https://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: https://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.