Senior Engineering Manager (Series D Startup)
Senior Engineering Manager (Series D Startup)Recruiting From Scratch
Atlanta, GA 30322
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
Our client is looking to hire a senior engineering manager to join their rapidly scaling company. In this role, you'll oversee one of the engineering domains (operations, channel, consumer, capital) managing and executing on the roadmap, hiring and scaling the team, and becoming a real-estate tech expert.
Some of the current products being developed include:
1\. Offers - streamlining the process to price and extend an offer on a home for a customer
2\. Inspections - automating (logistically) the collection, negotiation, and remediation of issues arising from a home inspection.
3\. Closings - writing software to automate and manage the home closing process to ensure timely closes
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, coupled with multiple years of management experience. You have worked within strong product engineering organizations before, have hired and retained senior engineers, and enjoy building software for an operationally complex business. You will take over managing a team of senior engineers (4) and growing that team to 8 by the end of the year. You will also work with product and design to build software that drives operational efficiency within the business and results in a delightful consumer experience.
You will report to the co-founder/CTO.
- Leading and growing a strong and senior engineering team
- Developing domain expertise around the operational complexity of real estate purchasing and ownership
- Working closely with the engineering team lead, product manager, and designer to research, define, and build software to drive the growth and efficiency of our client
- Partnering with peer engineering managers and CTO to maintain a collaborative engineering and product organization
- Empowering and supporting a culture of ownership, work ethic, empathy and quality
- You have 4+ years of experience of IC engineering experience and 3+ years of engineering management
- You have a history of hiring and retaining senior talent
- Familiarity working with agile software development lifecycle
- Ability to balance prioritize across multiple initiatives, effectively estimate, and proactively communicate
- A clear focus on quality with the pragmatic ability to balance between speed, quality, and scope
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing a team of senior engineers
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter)
- Diverse, smart, and witty co-workers
- Our client is a remote friendly company and all jobs are open to be remote if you choose not to be based in one of our HQ locations of SF or Denver