Project Manager, National Major Projects - Russelectric, A Siemens Business - U.S. Remote
Project Manager, National Major Projects - Russelectric, A Siemens Business - U.S. RemoteSiemens
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, a Siemens business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Project Manager with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, your role is critical in driving customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle. The successful candidate will collaborate with both internal and external customers to complete mid-level complexity projects. This position allows for remote working, some work travel will be required.
Your project leadership will help bring to market specialized equipment that makes the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will provide solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Project manager for multiple projects across the country, overseeing all aspects of the projects from order-entry to invoice with accountability and responsibility for results
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Supports customers and sales representatives, providing first-level user support in case of arising issues.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects based on agreed upon contract terms.
- Coordinates the resolution of complex issues and questions with respectively qualified Field Service Engineers or Project Engineers.
- Participates in investigating and resolving commercial and/or technical problems.
- Assists with coordination of materials procurement; Engineering and Field Service resources for projects; and coordination of deliveries to customer sites and startup with Field Service team
- Applies skills to resolve complex problems to ensure successful delivery of projects
pursuant to customer deliverables and agreed upon contract terms.
Assists with project cost reporting and prevention of non-conformance costs, when applicable.
- Supports Finance team on invoicing and coordination of invoicing
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to drive improvements across organizations
- Develops risk mitigation plans to preempt potential problems through the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, processes and lessons learned; works to mitigate risk exposure.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Ability to travel 10%
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing project management in the energy or commercial construction industry required
- Expertise in the energy/critical power industry is preferred
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Demonstrates and applies leadership skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.