Senior Sourcing Manager
Senior Sourcing ManagerCox Communications Inc
Atlanta, GA 30328
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202200750
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Sourcing projects and programs are a big deal at Cox, and were looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager who is kind of a big deal as well. You would lead the development and execution of our strategic sourcing programs across the expanse of our business. Well look to you to lead the sourcing process, which includes roles like managing suppliers and stakeholders, developing and implementing solid strategies, and benchmarking to assure we keep improving, growing and glowing.
As our newest SSM (yes, you get your own acronym!), youll support a slew of categories within our business, such as Headend (OCML, Nodes, Tranceivers, Network Tools). Those teams will look to you to ID, evaluate, and select vendors who will get the job done, and then manage those relationships and the processes involved in keeping our growth...well, growing.
Youll negotiate pricing of contracts, as well as contract terms and conditions to keep risk low and satisfaction high. Youll evaluate vendor performance and compliance as we prepare for renewing the contract to ensure were always working with the very best partners. Youll maintain playbooks that log our best approaches for staying efficient. Youll also team up with our Category Managers to assure compliance with any terms we negotiate.
Your knowledge of our internal customers businesses and what they hope to achieve is key for this job. As you internalize this information, well look to you to develop strategies that meet their procurement needs and provide sourcing expertise. Youll also connect with suppliers, leading their selection and bidding processes from the starting gate to the finish line, bringing value and improvement at every turn.
Sound like the kind of role youd like to "source" as your own? Well, keep reading - weve got more to share with you...
What Youll Do
Weve already given you a peek into the exciting responsibilities that come with this role, but we wanted to lay out more about what you can expect as a Senior Sourcing Manager. Here are some other exciting challenges that await you:
- Youll drive competitive sourcing events and support our Headend vendor selection process.
- Youll deliver detailed analytics and results, such as savings and cost avoidance. And youll develop a total cost of ownership model that helps ID where we can improve so we waste less and create more.
- Youll keep up with compliance for various categories, and make sure we keep non-approved spend activities in check. Youll put together and maintain playbooks that help manage and track details for everything from approved vendors/parts, manufacturing locations, lead times, invoicing, and vendor contracts. While you maintain the playbooks, youll also maintain a mental repository of knowledge about our suppliers, helping us drive opportunities for everything from projects to purchasing. That means seeking out bids for goods with our bottom line and other key qualifiers in mind, and implementing the planning and execution for purchasing opportunities with suppliers, both new and existing. Ideally, our supply base will feature a few strategic suppliers, and youll help in IDing and maintaining them.
- Youll also ID change management opportunities and make recommendations about them, sometimes facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership to do so. Youll guide our supplier diversity efforts, develop program standards and procedures, then follow through with guidance and, as necessary, discipline to steer the ship back on course.
- Negotiating contracts and collaborating with our contracting department will definitely be a part of the gig, as you implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers. Youll also oversee contract & compliance management, as you analyze our contract usage (every six months) as well as our spend under contract, looking for ways we can up our game and shore up costs.
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Cox Communications Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, care and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and youll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
Youre a seasoned pro, with at least six years of biz/operational experience in a field related to this one, with two+ years in Strategic Sourcing / Supply Chain work. Youve got a solid track record of success and have proven your value by tackling more responsibilities and bigger roles as youve grown.
You know how to ID opportunities and go after them so that our customers are supported with visible value proposition. You also are an ace at creating and executing effective sourcing project plans, supported by your solid understanding of business finances, analytics, and organizational approaches. You bring experience in large-scale Program Management, Process Improvement, Integration, and RFx to the table, as well as know-how with coordinating cross functional teams so they can be productive project powerhouses.
Youve got a proactive approach to projects and relationships, and can handle managing both on your own as needed. Your reports and presentations create authentic connectionwith people because youre so solid in your written and verbal communication skills. You know your way around MS Office, from Visio to Excel, PPT to Word. And youre up for hitting the road, amenable to travel for at least 10% of your job.
There are a few final qualifications that are not "must haves", but would be really cool if you brought a couple of them to the party, per se. Here they are:
- A BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- A Masters degree in Business or related field.
- Category Management experience.
- Some prior consulting experience.
- Category expertise in the fields of Network Infrastructure, Software, or category experience in engineering, manufacturing, distribution.
Apply today and join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.