Senior Engineer 2 - remote
Senior Engineer 2 - remoteNordstrom Inc
Job Type- Full-time
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope and accountability at this level is responsible for the quality of a teams work, ensuring that all designs are clear and complete for successful execution. This level is capable of undertaking complex design and problem solving without supervision.
This is a fully remote role.
We are a fast-growing team with the vision to change how Nordstrom sets up products and items before they are made available to customers for shopping. We aim to provide the foundational platform to empower Nordstroms partners & merchandisers to help deliver seamless, streamlined & data-driven processes enabling assortment visibility, selection, setup & content curation which is most relevant to customers.
You will get a rare opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the business and the technical strategy, with the possibility of fundamentally changing Nordstroms core business.
A day in the life…
- Responsible for design at the organization level
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts and theories, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, as well as program and product managers to define and implement technical solutions
- Work closely with your peers, mentor junior developers and help the team achieve its goals
- Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them
- Maintain a DevOps mindset, promoting cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team’s Cloud infrastructure
We’d love it if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science, or equivalent
- 8+ years of professional experience in delivering quality software, ideally across the full stack
- Excellent proficiency in an Object-Oriented language, such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience building enterprise level web applications from scratch, should be able to demonstrate deep understanding of technology choices
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing.
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
How we work
- With others.We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
- With agility.We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds.We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride.We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.Colorado: $131,000-$203,000 annually, Nevada: $131,000-$203,000 annually