Automation Project Engineer
Automation Project EngineerGeorgia-Pacific
Atlanta, GA 30318
***This position has a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus***
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Automation Project Engineer to join our Technology Solutions Group, Automation & Robotics Center of Excellence. The Project Engineer has responsibility for the successful development, design engineering and implementation of automation capital projects across Georgia-Pacific’s facilities in North America. This role will work closely with a program manager for automation projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
The Project Engineer manages the efforts of team members and third-party vendors and usually involves extensive interaction with cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new automation/robotics projects. Primary objectives are to develop value creating automation projects, manage project scope and scope changes, perform to schedule, and budget, ensure customer satisfaction with the equipment’s performance and services provided, and to deliver business financial results that create real long-term value across the enterprise. The Automation Project Engineer will be a part of our Automation & Robotics Center of Excellence team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support automation project manager’s effort with development, and execution of capital through all phases of our project work process.
- Coordinate activities to deliver projects as defined in the scope of work, including design, scheduling, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities
- Ensuring projects meet Risk and Change Management expectations
- Review drawings, proposals, etc. for accuracy & completeness
- Bid evaluations; vendor management; and scheduling of services
- Support closeout process; getting the right things in the right places before project closes
- Coordinate with other project and cross-functional capabilities
- Own the management of the Project Action Register
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2-year technical degree or higher
- 1 or more years of experience in automation or engineering services industry
- Ability to work in a variety of manufacturing, industrial and construction environments, including nights and weekends if required
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1 or more years of experience in Project Management with responsibility for complex projects
- Experience with large-scale automation execution.
- Experience supporting the development of new concepts and designs while working in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience managing customer relationships, as well as indirectly managing diverse teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of Project Management best practices and processes, including but not limited to critical path analyses, customer focus, and change management.
- Experience with robotics, automated guided vehicles (AGV’s) and other technologies that enable automation
- Experience applying robotic automation methodology and application.
- Experience with Automated Guided Vehicle development and deployment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $75,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
*The successful candidate will be provided a $5,000 signing bonus after starting the new role within our company. External Koch Company candidates are considered eligible.*