Director, OperationsLegends at Illuminarium Atlanta
Atlanta, GA 30306
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, GLOBAL ATTRACTIONS
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; hospitality; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
The newest addition to our Global Attractions portfolio, Legends is the exclusive operating partner of Illuminarium, a global experiential company offering breakthrough immersive 360-degree cinematic entertainment. Presented in custom-designed venues, Illuminarium surrounds visitors in sight and sound at an epic scale through a combination of cutting-edge technologies. Whether embarking on an African safari, exploring the depths of space, or sipping cocktails in a Tokyo night market, Illuminarium provides access to the world’s most extraordinary experiences. With a fully customizable canvas, Illuminarium is the ideal location for special events, viewing parties, and unique nightlife offerings. Illuminarium Experiences brings together best-in-class partners in content creation, theatrical design, interactive technologies, and venue operations. Illuminarium has locations in Atlanta, Las Vegas, and additional markets to be announced soon. To learn more, visit Illuminarium.com.
The Director of Operations is a strategic leader with daily oversight and responsibilities of delivering a high-end guest experience at the Illuminarium. The Director of Operations partners with the client and department leaders to achieve key metrics and to ensure proper execution of operating systems, policies, and procedures, including food and beverage, ticketing, and retail. The Director of Operations will have a tremendous amount of interaction and personal involvement with the client, guest and staff and must always represent Legends Hospitality and Illuminarium in a professional, gracious, and knowledgeable manner.
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management skills.
- Ability to devise, implement and execute key strategic initiatives as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Knowledge of accounting policy and procedures and POS Systems is required.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure the accuracy of the operational budget, monthly P&L statements, and other financial reporting.
- Ensure all invoice, account payable, billing and transfers are processed and accurate prior to month end closing.
- Maintain a safe and fiscally sound operation including product levels, pricing, labor, and operating supplies.
- Manage the general maintenance of the attraction to the premium standards of the brand.
- Manage the storage, maintenance and inventory of all equipment utilized for the attraction’s operations.
- Manage oversight of the Illuminarium marketing objectives and plans emphasizing a high-quality aesthetic experience.
- Partner with key members of leadership to develop and implement practical, innovative practices that improve team member and guest experience.
- Accountability for establishing and maintaining proper safety and sanitation procedures as well as ensuring proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Ensure site compliance with federal, state, local, and Legend’s regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Maintain working knowledge of all vendor related contracts, agreements and partnerships with subcontractors as needed.
- Maintain strong and collaborative relationships with the client, all department leaders, employees, guest, and business partners both internal and external.
- Follow and encourage your team to follow all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to looking for and reporting any unsafe work conditions, and complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
- Report all safety incidents (injuries and illnesses) into the company’s risk management system (Origami Risk) on the same day that the safety incident has been reported to you.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree, Business, Hospitality or Marketing
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a Premium hospitality environment
- Experience managing financial budgets including P&L, analytics, reporting and financial planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a high-volume luxury hospitality, or events industry, preferred
- Must be flexible to work extend hours including late hours, weekends, and holidays
Follow and encourage your team to follow all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to looking for and reporting any unsafe work conditions, and complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training. Report all safety incidents (injuries and illnesses) into the company’s risk management system (Origami Risk) on the same day that the safety incident has been reported to you.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
- Bachelors or better in Other
- Microsoft Office(Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook)