Manager, FinanceLegends at Illuminarium Atlanta
Atlanta, GA 30306
Finance Manager, Illuminarium Experiences
Founded in 2008 as a hospitality management company, Legends has transformed into a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,200 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Global Attractions is the newest business vertical and is quickly expanding. Starting with One World Observatory sitting high above Manhattan at the top of the tallest building in the Western hemisphere and now expanding all over the world, the Attractions vertical brings together all of Legends 360-degree capabilities to develop unparalleled experience in one awe-inspiring space, featuring some of the most spectacular views and newest technology around the world. For each location, we operate the tour experience, ticket sales, hospitality offerings, special events, and sponsorship - all to elevate the guest experience at the top. Some of the venues include One World Observatory in NYC, OUE Skyspace in LA, The Observation Deck at CEB Tower, The View at the Shard in London, Sky View Observatory in Seattle, AT&T Stadium Tours, SoFi Stadium Tours, Skyrise Miami, and more.
The newest addition to our Global Attractions portfolio, Legends is the exclusive operating partner of Illuminarium, a global experiential company offering breakthrough immersive 360-degree cinematic entertainment. Presented in custom-designed venues, Illuminarium surrounds visitors in sight and sound at an epic scale through a combination of cutting-edge technologies. Whether embarking on an African safari, exploring the depths of space or sipping cocktails in a Tokyo night market, Illuminarium provides access to the world’s most extraordinary experiences. With a fully customizable canvas, Illuminarium is the ideal location for special events, viewing parties, and unique nightlife offerings. Illuminarium Experiences brings together best-in-class partners in content creation, theatrical design, interactive technologies and venue operations. Illuminarium has locations in Atlanta, Las Vegas and additional markets to be announced soon. To learn more, visit Illuminarium.com.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the daily reconciliation of revenue for Illuminarium, including ticketing, food & beverage, and merchandise sales, buyouts, group events and catering events.
- Work directly with the CFO to prepare operations analysis and reports
- Reconcile general ledgers, post journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned general ledger accounts and balance sheets
- Reviewing receivables for accuracy with the ability to resolve any variances
- Perform variance and trend analysis versus plans as well as previous years
- Daily reconciliation of cash and credit card transactions
- Oversee the inventory process and perform in-depth cost of goods analysis
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarify information, and prepare supporting data.
- Provide assistance in the budgeting process
- Build tools, reports, and performance dashboards and KPI’s for Finance Executive Team as needed
- Look for opportunities to innovate and redefine processes and procedures for both efficacy and efficiency
- Partner with IT to implement new tools and systems that allow the business to work smarter, quicker, and more efficiently while simultaneously delivering more insights to Business Leads
- Develop and coordinate automated accounting applications and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office software required
- Strong knowledge of the General Ledger
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail essential
- Must be analytical, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well independently with minor supervision
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in attractions, entertainment, and sports a plus
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabili
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
- Bachelors or better in Finance
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Financial Analyst
- Public Accountant
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reconciling
- Microsoft Office(Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook)