Threat Analyst I - Opportunity for Working Remotely Atlanta, GA
Threat Analyst I - Opportunity for Working Remotely Atlanta, GAVMware
Atlanta, GA 30328
Job Type- Full-time
What You’ll Do
- Performs endpoint security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response for VMware Carbon Black customers, coordinates with other team members & management to document and report incidents
- Threat Analysts will be part of a rotating SOC shift and will need to manage their schedule accordingly so as to ensure there is coverage during SOC shifts
- Maintains records of security events investigated and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing systems
- Monitors and analyzes EDR and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation
- Makes recommendations, creates, modifies, and updates EDR and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tool rules
- Ensure that we are implementing best practice security policies that address the client's business need while protecting their vital corporate assets
- Takes on Security Operations responsibilities when not on a SOC shift: This includes but is not limited to documentation, basic malware analysis, exceptions tracking, security tool management, tuning, and configuration, along with metrics and reporting.
- Be a primary for or support ongoing projects by assisting in the implementation, testing and documentation of security related projects
- Entry to Intermediate skills in Windows, Linux, and/or OSX
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Unix Shell scripts, Perl, Python, Powershell, C#, Go
- Firewalls (e.g. PaloAlto Networks, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG, PFSense, etc..)
- Log Management and SIEM (e.g. Splunk, IBM QRadar, HP ArcSight)
- Network Analysis Tools (e.g. Netwitness, Wireshark)
- System Analysis and Forensic Tools (e.g. FTK, EnCase)
- Endpoint Security (e.g. Carbon Black Enterprise Protection, Carbon Black Enterprise Response, Symantec, McAfee, Forefront)
- Windows Management (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects,)
- Penetration Testing Tools (e.g. Metasploit, Backtrack, Kali)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server 2008/2012, CentOS Linux, OSX)
- Enterprise Microsoft Solutions (e.g. Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync)
- Regulatory Regimes (e.g. ISO27K, SSAE16, HIPPA, PCI, FISMA)
- Various Open-Source security and networking tools (MRTG, SysInternals, Nagios)
What You’ll Bring
- Working towards completion or has a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 3 years of professional work experience in the security field
- The ideal candidate will have Linux OS and scripting skills. OSX and Windows skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, document and develop action/mitigation plan
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor/train staff and bring awareness to current and emerging threats
- Certifications a Plus: CISSP, SAN GIAC Certifications (GCIH, GPEN, GSEC, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to present technical risks and issues to non-technical audiences internal and external to the organization
For positions located in Colorado: This position has a salary range starting at $52,000, annually. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-1115
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
This job may require the candidate to comply with travel restrictions and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Information Security
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at https://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.