Senior Technology Service Manager
Senior Technology Service ManagerCox Automotive
Atlanta, GA 30319
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 221400
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Technology Service Manager- Major Incident Manager (MIM), is responsible for industry best practices and tools for the Incident Management domain. The MIM, plays a role in process management, setting service strategy, designing services, transitioning services to production, operating services and continually improving services. The MIM is a key resource in enabling infrastructure & delivery teams by managing all High, Critical and Limited Business Impacting events to resolution in alignment with the quality and stability objectives for Cox Automotive Technologys services across all Cox Automotive products. The MIM role will work across our Software Engineering and Infrastructure stacks to respond to any unplanned events or service interruptions and guide all efforts to restore services to an operational state. An excellent blend of analytical, technical and communication skills in a team based environment are essential for this role.
- Defines the policies, processes and procedures for their service management domain.
- Ensures that changes to service management policies, processes and procedures for their domain are approved and communicated before being implemented.
- Trains stakeholders in service management policies, processes and procedures for their domain. Produces and maintains plans which prioritizes and plans technology activities and targets for their service management domain.
- Approves service management requirements and costs for their domain from users for new or enhanced technology services.
- Creates design criteria for their service management domain to be applied to new or enhanced technology services.
- Defines service management targets for their domain as a basis for SLAs for new or enhanced technology services. Approves the implementation of service management requirements for their domain.
- Monitors resources and performance and that information recorded is kept up-to-date and used to support service management activities for their domain.
- Provides reports to ensure that services are measured and monitored for their service management domain.
- Addresses shortfalls to agreed service levels for their service management domain.
- Analyzes data, predicting trends and themes for their service management domain.
- Coordinates all continuous improvement activities for their service management domain.
- Assesses new technologies for use by their service management domain that might improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Audits the completeness and accuracy of information documented for their service management domain.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Candidate must be comfortable dealing with high pressure and impactful situations that require immediate attention
- 5 + years of working experience of performing service management activities
- Working experience in specific service management domain; specifically Network/Enterprise Operations, Incident Management, Problem Management and/or Change Management
- Quickly assessing the severity of service impacts in regards to enterprise business impact.
- Facilitate major incident bridge calls to ensure all appropriate groups are working on restoring service in a timely manner.
- Notify, escalate and communicate to senior management and impacted stakeholders the existence of service impacts, as necessary.
- Scheduled shift plus rotating on-call requirement to maintain 24x7x365 coverage.
- Timely and accurate completion of problem & outage records; including timeline of events and other required data fields.
- Assist in gathering data for and participate in post incident reviews.
- Remain current with planned changes and the Change process.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.