IT Support Specialist
IT Support SpecialistStarr Companies
Essential Job Functions
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis and resolution of client device and network problems for end users.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot, desktop, laptop, mobile devices and other client devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assist or coordinate implementation of OS updates, software upgrades or installs, security patches, clean/remove malware, activate and support mobile devices and other desktop projects as needed.
- Respond to calls for assistance at user workstation or provide phone support for remote users as needed.
- Setup new hires; configure desktop/laptops, printer access, email, and office phone and educate new users on IT processes.
- Work with vendors to obtain support on their products including copiers, printers, phones and computer software.
- Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts
- Assist in the strategic planning of meeting future desktop hardware and software needs
- Translate technical activities and objectives in a manner appropriate for diverse audiences and stakeholder during one-on-one interaction, meetings and or conference calls.
- Proactively seek guidance on issues requiring additional clarity or instruction from others
- Share accrued knowledge through the use of meeting, walkthroughs conference calls and other appropriate methods.
- Follow departmental workflow processes and work in a transparent manner.
- 2-3 years previous experience supporting popular desktop and network operating systems, desktop, ;laptop, handheld, tablet and other client devises and internetworking protocols to corporate users
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting expertise
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operation systems and standards.
- Highly effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced setting
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) – Strongly preferred
- Additional certifications and relevant training a Plus
- Bachelor’s degree considered a plus (major in information technology or related preferred field).
Except as required by law, Starr requires all applicants and employees to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21201430
Related Ads (See all)
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2022