Data Analyst Associate
Data Analyst AssociateJewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
Atlanta, GA 30309
QualificationsData analysis skills: 3 years (Required)
POSITION TITLE: Data Analyst Associate
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology and Data Services
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta (“Federation”) is continuing to build a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skill sets to create a new model of 21st century community engagement and philanthropy. Federation is looking for candidates who are forward-thinking, motivated, have a positive attitude and enjoy working in an inclusive, dynamic environment.
Under the supervision of the VP of Donor Operation and collaborating with departments throughout the organization, the Data Analyst will serve as the gatekeeper for our organization’s data so stakeholders can understand and use the data to make strategic and tactical business decisions. The Data Analyst requires a deep understanding of business and data sciences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Designing and maintaining data systems and information architecture; this includes fixing data-related problems as well as proposing solutions and structure for current and future data needs.
· Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
· Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
· Working with digital marketing business leads across web, email, social, search, products, media, UX, etc. to apply appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies, gather and analyze data and interpret the results in order to answer business questions.
· Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
· Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
· Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
· Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
· Enjoy working in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
· Highly developed listening skills, excellent customer service skills required
· Excellent, highly professional written and oral communication skills required
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to maintain poise under pressure
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· 3-4 years of experience as a data analyst.
· 3-4 year of experience with SQL.
· Experience with database administration is a plus.
· Non-profit experience is a plus.
· Salesforce experience is a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related area of study or an internship, volunteer, or professional position in a related professional role.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal physical effort required with intermittent standing and walking and prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at desk working on a computer.
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination with regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30309: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Data analysis skills: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location