Filling OperatorMagnolia Advanced Materials Inc
Atlanta, GA 30340
Since 1957, Magnolia Advanced Materials, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer and custom formulator of high-performance epoxy systems used in the aerospace, defense, civil engineering, communication, electronics, electrical, energy, marine, recreation, and transportation industries. Magnolia’s epoxy systems include aerospace, structural and general-purpose adhesives, syntactics, composite repair epoxies, RTM resins, conductive epoxies, potting and encapsulating epoxies as well as tooling and casting epoxies. These products are offered in a variety of custom packaging options.
- Weekly Pay
- Day Shift Available, No Work on Weekends. M-F Schedule, OT Available
- 100% Company Retirement Match up to 3% Contribution
- Benefit Credit to go towards enrolled benefit premiums
- Free In-house Gym Fitness Center
This position is responsible for filling mixed ticket finished product into designated package containers. Attention to detail is critical in accurately weighing and carefully filling mixed product into the appropriate containers as specified in the work order Fill Ticket instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow mixing and filling techniques according to SOPs and Fill Ticket instruction.
- Actively verify that all products are free of any contamination, debris, or foreign objects.
- Document and properly identify the filled containers with the correct product and batch number. Keep filled containers neatly segregated in the designated staging area.
- Complete the daily Fill Ticket information checklist which includes the number of completed Fill Tickets, the number of pounds filled, and the pounds of product to be stored in the bulk storage area.
- Organize raw materials to their correct location in compliance with FIFO methods while using a forklift or manually lifting materials up to 50lbs.
- Support inventory management while using a Five-S-Sustainability module for inventory control.
- Monitor equipment in use and maintain cleanliness in assigned area.
- Demonstrate ability to operate scales and weigh finished product to the required decimal significance.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable EHS and SOP regulations, guidelines, policies, and safety procedures.
- Support continuous improvement activities to enhance the Company’s productivity.
- Demonstrate proficiency as outlined in training requirements, SOPs, and Fill Ticket instructions.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting processes and equipment problems as well as completing all necessary paperwork associated with investigations, deviations, and filling instructions.
- Recognize and report deviations or potential issues immediately to the management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to speak English fluently as well as read and understand written and verbal instructions and follow directions on the Fill Ticket.
- Must be able to use scales and accurately weigh raw materials and finished product.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator to determine accurate weights and measurements.
- Must be willing and able to operate in a team environment.
- Must be able to adapt easily to changes in schedule, priority, or assignment, sometimes on short notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar production environment preferred.
- Experience in a chemical plant is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Requirements:
- All candidates are required to pass a drug screening and background check and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States once an offer for employment is made.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- This is a chemical plant environment.
- Must use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required by safety policies.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, and climbing.
Magnolia Advanced Materials, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action and E-verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.