Warehouse Operator - Part Time - Second Shift
Warehouse Operator - Part Time - Second ShiftDSV
Atlanta, GA 30354
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Division: Air & Sea US
Location: USA - Atlanta, 3705 Wilson Rd
Job Posting Title: Warehouse Operator - Part Time - Second Shift
Time Type: Part Time
Warehouse Operator - Part Time, Second Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs daily activities for an assigned shift or within an assigned area or function.
- Adheres to specific warehouse work instructions for receiving, labeling, storing, shipping and value add services as required in accordance to DSV Air & Sea standard policies and procedures.
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service.
- Works with the supervisor, warehouse manager and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the client.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and move products to the correct destination. Efficiently stage, stack and load the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or unloading areas into the correct load door and the assigned trailer. Ensures that the trailer is secured and chocked prior to entering the trailer in accordance to the safety polices.
- Loads/Unloads product correctly using the appropriate handling techniques. Segregate, check and stage inbound product correctly.
- Verifies the driver, trailer, and bills are all for that specific carrier and location. Counts freight with the driver and ensures all requirements are followed. Loads the trailer for safe transit and ensures the driver signs all required paperwork.
- Performs all Forklift activities as required. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
- Accomplishes all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and clean warehouse and work areas
- Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse office.
- Follows safety and security procedures and identify / report safety violations
- Complies with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, Pharmaceutical Regulations, TSA Regulations, US Customs Regulations and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- May help train new or transferred employees in the day to day activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Fluent in English language (verbal and written)
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience in customer service and logistics
- Forklift experience / certification
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications and typing accurately
- Preferred knowledge using Warehouse Management Systems
- Basic mathematical skill level required to verify inventory, order accuracy, and other quality driven initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communication orally and in writing
- High level of customer service skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shifts and/or weekends
- Material Handling Certification
- Dangerous Goods Qualification
- Forklift Operation and Certification
- Flexibility to work varying schedules which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment
- Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment with exposure to changing warehouse temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com