Material Handler / Operator II
Material Handler / Operator IICeva Logistics
Atlanta, GA 30344
At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit - we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace - do you Dare to Grow with us?
Are you known for your equipment operation skills and passionate about warehouse logistics and organization? Do you enjoy working in a clean and efficient warehouse environment? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to execute essential operational processes and contribute to delivering results in a safe and efficient warehouse operation.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Develop and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times, such as working collaboratively, providing timely communication and instruction and assisting with operations as necessary.
- Execute various manual labor functions such as picking inventory, counting cargo, product and material and hand staging and loading goods; use manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack. Operate hand tools to close or open bales, build or tear down crates, and other containers or material; packaging can be advanced or non-standard.
- Coordinate receipt, storage, and distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area. Prepare and assemble orders, move materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other areas.
- Manage sorting and placement of materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, product code and related characteristics; tend to be more complex or in multiple cells or operations and fully trained.
- Potential opportunity to serve as a lead operator in less complex, smaller teams or standard operations. Assist with training and providing basic work instructions to new hires or transfers.
- Operate a forklift when required and is fully trained and operational; may not perform the most complex, heavy or oversized transports.
- Complete or verify appropriate forms, documents, labels and other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and track material and successful receiving and/or delivery of goods; involves knowledge of several operations or varied goods and services.
- Identify potential operational or service concerns, notify appropriate co-workers and assist with resolving. Monitor various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, cleaning docks, proper storage of equipment, basic preventative maintenance and related tasks.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Typically at least two years of warehousing or related logistics experience, or successful completion of a rotation program.
- Credentials: Forklift Certification typically required in most operations within 3 to 6 months of hire; Valid state issued driver’s license preferred.
- Skills: Ability to operate hand and power tools, including hand truck, pallet jack, and related warehouse equipment; Basic proficiency in Internet, web-based and job specific software applications; Ability to become forklift certified, when required.
- Characteristics: Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs; Ability to perform in a team environment. Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: email@example.com. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.