Strategic Marketing Project Manager - Office of the CMO (REMOTE)
Strategic Marketing Project Manager - Office of the CMO (REMOTE)Splunk
Atlanta, GA 30301
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the leading data platform for Security and Observability, Splunk is helping our customers unlock innovation, improve security and drive resilience. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
As a newly formed function of the CMO Office, this team is aiming to be a hybrid of project management and marketing-specific corporate strategy. We focus on project origination and delivery, rotating our team members into company-wide initiatives with the highest executive-level urgency, growth potential, and scalability.
Splunk is looking for a strategic marketing manager who can leverage planning, and project delivery to transform Big Ideas and white space into repeatable and measurable project achievement.
By joining the PMO as a Strategic Marketing Project Manager, you will own planning and executtion for downstream high-priority initiatives. You will have the creative autonomy to originate fresh ideas and business plans to drive marketing growth.
- Lead high-priority projects under a standardized methodology (project origination, delivery, and evaluation) with the guidance of our Head of PMO, Planning Director, and Marketing Chief of Staff
- Synthesize information (contextual, internal, market), data (uber dashboards, traffic, engagement), cross-functional roadmaps and updates, and competitive intelligence into narratives and storyboards, supplemented by workflows and diagramming
- Help build out a Marketing Center of Excellence, a hub for knowledge management, streamlining processes and procedures, resource and research, consultative services, and training on the newest tools and marketing technology.
- Use your project management chops to reduce complexity, overlaps, and silos into ownership and partnership structures, standardizations and governance models, and trackable, superordinate goals
- Be proactive and transparent to our cross-functional partners and team members with an overabundance of project pipeline coordination, reporting, and feedback.
- Be our communications guru by being a trusted liaison for Marketing to our key partner orgs: product marketing, G2M, and products.
- Become a subject matter expert from rotational projects in demand generation, marketing technology modernization, M&A integration, and many more topics—contributing to our growing bench of deep marketing talent
- New, fast-moving PMO function seated in the Office of the CMO, open to Big Ideas, functional and cultural experimentation, technology modernization, and process improvement.
- Broad mandate across all of the marketing organization and adjacent organizations without silos or constrained project mandates
- Ability to align and deliver projects in customer journey, demand generation strategy, self-serve, and ecommerce motions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Cloud-first market groups in observability, infrastructure monitoring, and enterprise security
- 3-7 years of experience in enterprise marketing, management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or change management; alternatively, a career in digital marketing, scaling B2B startups in a marketing function, and/or digital marketing
- End-to-end project planning, resourcing, delivery, and measurement experience
- Diligent, judicious, and evangelical with project management, workflow management, and marketing automation tech stacks.
- Examples include Airtable, Monday.com, Smartsheets, JIRA, Asana, Adobe Workfront/Aprimo, Marketo Engage, etc.
- Cross-functional operational expertise (hands-on role in product marketing, project management etc.)
- Preferred background in corporate strategy and innovation offices, corporate development (as a change agent for C-levels), product development
- Speak the language of executive staff and marketing leaders to distill priorities and initiatives.
- Extremely comfortable with the ambiguity of working in and helping define unknown spaces.
- Self-starters who can operate independently and take the initiative to start, own, and refine projects versus limiting the scope to reporting on and tracking projects.
- Storyboarding and narrative experience to justify project existence and needs to leadership, project leaders, and staff, draft product requirement documents, and be able to jump into various ad-hoc projects.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).