Digital Content Producer
Digital Content ProducerAtlanta Botanical Garden
Atlanta, GA 30309
US work authorization (Required)
Digital Content Producer
Reports To: Design and Communications Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Atlanta Botanical Garden requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to employment.
The Digital Content Producer fills two important roles within the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s small-but-mighty marketing team. Working closely with the Design and Communications Manager and Digital Content Coordinator, this position is responsible for creating and sharing the Garden’s story through compelling video and rich media across all the Garden’s digital platforms and maintaining the Garden’s website.
This position is critical to connecting people with plants in new and creative ways, a cornerstone of the Garden’s mission. As one of the nation’s premier botanical gardens, we’re looking for curious, motivated, passionate candidates who can take our online presence to the next level through this vital digital work.
The ideal applicant is a creative, visual storyteller and content creator with some experience managing a medium-to-large WordPress site. A portfolio that includes video production is required for consideration.
- Primarily on-site, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with some flexibility
- Due to the public-facing and e-commerce nature of the website, candidate must be reasonably available on evenings and weekends for emergency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conceive, shoot and edit videos of varying lengths and content – including b-roll, interviews, educational demonstrations, on-camera appearances and more – tailored to any platform as needed, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and the Garden’s website.
- Work closely with Design and Communications Director to develop, create and produce promotional and educational video content
- Conceive, shoot and edit professional video content for multiplatform use
- Guide marketing team on necessary equipment
- Engage in opportunities to develop original content and concepts for web and social
Develop and maintain content for and analyze traffic to the Garden’s website with holistic perspective and an attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Independently seek opportunities to update and improve website content
- Track and make edits from outside departments
- Maintain the website’s overall structure and navigation
- Report user behavior and website performance using Google Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, digital journalism or multimedia reporting, telecommunications, film, video production, media and entertainment, or digital marketing
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital media, including video production
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience in digital video production: directing, filming, interviewing, editing, encoding, uploading and managing media
- Photography and videography, camera operation, lighting, quality sound capture with iPhone and/or DSLRs on a gimble. Experience with FAA-compliant drone operation and/or Edelkrone slider preferred
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop. Experience with After Effects preferred
- Website content management. Direct experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and basic knowledge of HTML preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. AP Style experience preferred
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to learn new technologies and translate value to stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Many projects involve extended periods outdoors through the year
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION. Employees must wear a mask, wash hands frequently and maintain a 6 foot social distance when possible.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30309: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- ARE YOU VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19?
- Are you able to provide a portfolio that includes video production?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Digital Media: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location