Transportation Strategic Account Manager
Transportation Strategic Account ManagerWood Plc
Purpose of Role
The Strategic Account Director’s role is to champion Wood's resources to drive delivery of value to the customer while positioning Wood to maximize revenue and profit through quality relationships and robust strategically aligned pursuit strategies. This will be based upon a solid understanding of the customer and implementing a strategy for growth while also monitoring customer satisfaction through project and contract execution, ensuring Wood delivery to customer expectations.
1. Drive revenue and profit growth from a target customer (strategic account).
2. Identify, develop, and lead a company-wide Strategic Relationship Management (SRM) account team to best serve the customer and meet Wood’s financial and strategic targets.
3. Develop, maintain, and execute customer plans, contact plans, strategic pursuit plans, customer satisfaction surveys for the strategic account.
4. Build relationships with customer key people and Wood key people at all levels in both organizations.
5. Position Wood for prime opportunities. Capture more business through differentiating Wood from the competition.
6. Create a short and long-term strategy with the customer through forecasting business priorities and activities, anticipating and responding to changes in relevant markets.
7. Financial reporting of strategic account performance, including dashboard reporting to Wood senior management.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Annual revenue, sales, and profit targets.
2. Successful penetration of customer spend, customer satisfaction surveys, increased win rate, fewer competitive bids.
3. Customer Satisfaction surveys, cross-functional/cross-divisional participation in the customer pursuits, success in delivering multiple services across multiple geographic regions
4. Customer relationship matrix. Maximize and achieve and maintain relationships with all key customer people.
5. Win rate; opportunity and proposals tracking
6. Year on year organic revenue and profit growth over a 2 – 5-year period.
7. Maintaining account dashboard and regular reporting obligations.
Skills / Qualifications:
Effective communication skills. Strong leadership and management, team working, and especially strong client relationship management.
Business and Financial
- Sound understanding of Wood and its plans and operations.
- Working knowledge of Wood’s financial and customer relationship management systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer’s wants, needs, and business objectives.
- Excellent commercial and business development skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
Additional “must haves”
- Experience with leading teams.
- Proven success managing multi-million-dollar accounts in an engineering/consultancy company.
Promotes a culture of honest and open communication that encourages information-sharing, discussion, and feedback.
Fosters a collaborative and diverse environment.
Networks at a strategic level to drive relationships forward.
DEVELOPING AND MANAGING OTHERS
Creates “the place to be”.
Analysing and Organizing
Applies innovation to analysis.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
Directs programmes of work.
Champions and embeds the organization’s strategic direction.
SAFETY AND QUALITY FOCUS
Builds the organization’s safety and quality profile externally.
Drives and embeds commercial strategy.
RESILIENCE AND SELF-CONFIDENCE
Project’s self-assurance when directing others.