Staff AccountantThe Integral Group LLC
Atlanta, GA 30303
IPM Management Services is the property management division of The Integral Group, a real estate investment and development company with divisions specializing in investment, development and management of real estate assets, construction management and program management. Since its inception in January 1993, Integral has compiled a track record of exceptional and noteworthy achievements.
Responsible for the overall accounting and financial management of portfolio consisting of approximately 8-10 properties with total gross rent potential of $12M
Responsible for providing great customer service to the property managers and site team(s). This includes the accounting treatment of various costs incurred by the property, regarding general ledger coding for operating expenses and allocation of payroll. Assist in reviewing of monthly financial statements. Process Accounts Payable, Avid Processes, Upload PO Accruals and weekly check runs.
Duties and *Responsibilities:
- Staff will work at the direction of the accounting manager. Maintain schedules and provide financial reports. Record activity as needed on an accrual basis. Review general ledger in detail. Update cash and reconcile bank accounts weekly/monthly basis. Process accounts payable to ensure all invoices are processed weekly.
- Meet all internal and external (lender, investors, partners) reporting guidelines as well as monthly, quarterly and year-end deadlines.
- Process vendor invoices in accounts payable system (Yardi) in preparation for cash disbursements of such payables.
- Work with property managers and site affiliates to ensure all payables are accounted for, provide customer service support if needed.
- Update cash and reconcile bank statements weekly/ monthly for your portfolio and be responsible for the accounting manager’s cash and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain and review general ledger account balances to ensure accuracy of postings.
Assist with annual budget on non-controllable(s).
Ensure detail information is recorded for good audit trail.
Analyze, review, edit, correct and reconcile general ledger accounts.
Assist accounting manager with special projects as needed.
Examine rental activity reports generated from Yardi for proper classification of revenue, and prepare reclassifying entries.
Prepare monthly financial statements as required by the owner on cash or accrual method of accounting in accordance with GAAP.
Respond to financial reporting requirement of investors, HUD and other agencies.
Analyze financial statements and report on budget variances and other abnormalities.
Maintain supporting schedules for Fixed Assets, Insurance, Taxes, etc.
Work with the auditors preparing the year-end audit of financial statements.
Experience/ Qualifications: *
Customer service / “business partner” orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated self-starter. Responsible for achieving results with little supervision.
- Associate’s and/or college degree in a related field or 3 years of accounting experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION*
Associates and or BA in Accounting or related degree and 3 - 5 years’ experience in Property Management Accounting, Multi-family housing preferred.
Integral Property Management Offers: Paid vacation, paid sick, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, company paid Long Term Disability and company paid Basic Life Insurance.
Integral is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time