Estate Planning Attorney
Estate Planning AttorneyMercer Global Advisors Inc
Atlanta, GA 30339
Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 500 employees includes advisor teams across ~50 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
Our Estate Planning is group looking for a talented estate planning attorney to join the team and make an immediate positive service impact for our clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping others, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves to learn and be challenged. The Estate Planning team is part of our Family Wealth Services group, which consists of legal, tax, insurance, and financial planning professionals dedicated to providing and implementing comprehensive strategies for our Wealth Management clients.
Essential Job Functions for the Estate Planning Attorney will include:
- Meeting with clients to design, fund, and maintain estate plans.
- Drafting of estate plan documents, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and funding related documents.
- Preparing and reviewing deeds and transfer of real property documents.
- Reviewing and summarizing existing estate planning documents, including making the appropriate observation regarding changes in law and family circumstances.
- Serving as a resource in estate planning to Wealth Management teams nationwide.
- Remaining current with related estate, trust, and tax legislation nationwide.
- Managing at least one legal assistant, as assigned, as related to the overseeing day-to-day tasks, training, calendaring, time management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state. Desire and ability to become licensed in multiple states.
- 2+ years of experience in estate planning.
- Strong working knowledge of foundational estate planning.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Work Schedule: Daytime and evening hours as needed.
Working Conditions: Professional office environment. Traveling, standing, and sitting. No heavy lifting over 20 lbs.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance up to 2x your base salary
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for and dependent care
- 13 company Paid Holidays with a full week off for Thanksgiving week
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Savings Plan with per pay period employer match
- Pet Insurance
Salary: Employee will be eligible for annual bonus compensation programs.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Location: 200 Galleria Parkway,SE Suite 1150, Atlanta, GA 30339
Job Type: Full-time