Senior Project Manager
Senior Project ManagerColumbia Residential
Atlanta, GA 30309
Columbia Residential is a Southeast Development, Owner and Manager of Affordable, multi-family rental communities. We currently work in Georgia, Texas, Florida and Louisiana; as a result, the candidate must be prepared to travel in order to properly manage their portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the development process for multiple affordable housing developments. This includes carrying out all technical aspects of development including initial feasibility analysis, acquisition, design, financing and entitlements, supervision of a variety of third party consultants (Architects, Engineers, Environmental, Surveyors, etc.), coordination with construction management staff from initiating architectural plans through contract bidding and construction and coordination of start-up operations with Property Management staff. The Project Manager is expected to exercise a high level of independent judgment in the conduct of business with minimal supervision.
Specific duties to include:
- Seek, evaluate and recommend new business opportunities including feasibility analysis and due diligence.
- Develop and prepare financial modeling, total development budget, operating assumptions, construction/permanent loan and investor analysis.
- Attend and make public presentations at community and planning meetings in support of new projects.
- Prepare and send Debt/Equity Solicitation package, manage selection process, prepare comparison spreadsheet for decision making.
- Negotiate Investor and Lender terms and conditions for each transaction in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist with and/or prepare various financing applications, Tax Credit, HOME, CDBG, PBRA, etc.
- Maintain a general knowledge of State Qualified Allocation Plans.
- Negotiate project specific contracts in coordination with the Construction Management Group including but not limited to: Architect, Engineer, Environmental, General Contractor, Soils Engineer, etc.
- Manage documentation and successful closing of pre-development, construction and permanent financing
- Attend regular project meetings, financing, construction progress and draw, owners, contractors, architects, etc.
- Monthly tracking of construction progress, financing sources and preparing project draws, track funding and pay all invoices associated with each draw.
- Work with Construction Management on Change Order requests and tracking.
- Work with Property Management to track lease-up and compliance with Limited Partnership Agreement requirements.
- Prepare and track applications for Equity Installments.
- Prepare and track reporting requirements of all funders and investors.
- Manage project close-out process with contractor, investor and lender to ensure all requirements are met.
- Proven familiarity with government affordable housing programs at federal, state and local levels Clear understanding and experience with public planning, entitlement and permitting.
- Proven ability to negotiate business arrangements with contractors, third party consultants, lenders, investors, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Real Estate related positions specifically project management.
- Proven analytical skills indicating an ability to conduct sophisticated financial analyses of real estate transactions with multiple levels of financing Proven relationship management skills.
- Team player.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office software.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!