Regional Property Manager
Regional Property ManagerSierra Development Group
Atlanta, GA 30341
Sierra Property Management is hiring for a Regional Property Manager to lead a portfolio of existing communities and new developments located primarily in Atlanta, North GA, Middle GA. We currently have a portfolio mix of have Market Rate properties with 300 units and Student housing properties with over 1,000 beds. We have 2 properties under construction in Georgia and will come online this summer and another site in Alabama breaking ground this year. The Regional Property Manager must have a proven track record in managing a portfolio of Market Rate, (and preferable had some Student Housing experience) Development Properties of 1000+ units. This person will oversee assigned property operations, including the financial performance of each community, ensuring they are properly staffed, and ensuring optimal returns are produced to owners and investors. This is a leadership position and requires someone who is an excellent motivator, communicator, and hands-on manager who will have direct accountability for all Community Managers (“CM”) Performance in their region to ensure the implementation and execution of all corporate policies and procedures. This person is a proven leader, a team-builder, effective communicator, empathetic problem solver, and knows how to hold others accountable and is courageously candid in moments of truth. The Regional Manager must promote company values and culture within their teams and foster an environment that encourages employee engagement, success, and ongoing professional and personal development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for implementing and managing individual site business plans including investment objectives, compliance goals, market positioning, people, asset quality, and financial goals and objectives.
- Assist the Marketing team to develop marketing budgets and plans as well as monitor ad effectiveness and spending.
- Assist the CMs to develop community budgets. Review and submit finalized community budgets, including marketing, for approval.
- Working directly with Asset Management Team and Corporate Leadership Team to understand and execute the Community business plans.
- Having a strong understanding of financial statements, how they are created and how operations decisions/strategy affect the financial performance of the assets.
- Oversight of marketing activities such as reviewing market comps and economic information, review weekly lead and follow up reports, reviewing screening results and metrics.
- Training and monitoring the effectiveness of Leasing Consultants.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of all marketing initiatives and working with the CM to adjust the marketing plans accordingly.
- Always maintaining a deep understanding of the sub-markets of the assets.
- Creates and models an environment of positive hospitality and service to the Community Manager and their team. Trains and coaches’ community teams as needed to maintain and improve the customer service vision of the company.
- Being professional and responsive to all community and corporate team concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Responsible for assisting and resolving escalated complaints from residents/tenants.
- Ensuring that all community staff members provide the highest level of service and respect for residents, tenants, clients, and each other.
- Assist with the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, development and off-boarding of CMs and other community team members as needed.
- Providing clear and consistent feedback to team members while promoting teamwork, respectfulness, and accountability.
- Mentor, coach, supervise and develop CMs and other community team members as needed.
- Participating in the Annual Review Process.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with Human Resources regarding pertinent employee-related matters.
- Ability to de-escalate and respond professionally to resident concerns
- Communicate and explain the Community Business Plan and asset owner expectations, requirements, and details to the CMs and teams.
- Oversight of property risk management, safety standards and team member and resident liability.
- Work with CMs and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure timely preparation of rent ready lofts to meet the demands of the market (five business day turns).
- Audit resident documentation, approvals, and files to ensure compliance with the Company process, procedures, and standards.
- Develop, implement, and follow up on any corrective action plans with the CM for deficiencies found at the Communities.
- Audit and enforce utilization of preferred vendors to guarantee best pricing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents, lease documents and detailed financial summaries.
- Leads by example by cultivating company values of accountability, collaboration, hard work and integrity.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must always present a professional appearance and attitude.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- High emotional intelligence – the ability to empathize, relate, and read others and handle relational tension among team members, residents, tenants, and others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to follow through and completely finalize projects, tasks, and assignments on time
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Real Page experience required, to include but not limited to OneSite, Real Page Accounting, Real Page Marketing Center, etc.
- Travel and overnight stays may be required depending on your territory
Education And Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma. College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years multifamily property management experience with an emphasis on improving bottom line profitability
- Minimum of 5 years multifamily Regional Property management experience with oversight of a minimum of 800 to 1,000 units.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Real Property Administrator (RPA), Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) preferred
- Ability to draw insights from systems-driven reporting and communicate in business and financial terms to various stakeholders
- Experience in working with real estate and multifamily financials and budgets
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Opportunity
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21248705