Director, Threat & Risk Assurance Operations
Director, Threat & Risk Assurance OperationsCognizant Technology Solutions
Director, Threat & Risk Assurance Operations
The Insider Risk Assurance (INRA) Operations Director will Lead the INRA’s Insider Threat Program (ITP). This includes investigations, operations, reporting, analysis and training. The INRA ITP Director will manage and conduct proactive and defensive analytical, investigative, and training and awareness activities to protect Cognizant personnel, assets, intellectual property, proprietary data, customer information, and reputation against threats from foreign intelligence entities, insiders, and competitors. Oversee daily operations of the INRA ITP and personnel to provide advice and guidance to senior leadership regarding sensitive insider threat issues
- Designing and implementing technical and administrative controls to detect, deter, mitigate and respond to INRA threats to Cognizant critical assets and infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively with INRA stakeholders (CISO, HR, IT, Legal, etc.) to implement technical controls, identify use cases, ingest appropriate data sources, develop analytics, refine alert criteria, and enhance employee awareness
- Design, develop, and implement INRA ITP workflows, plans, policies and procedures. Develop a data management solution to capture key INRA ITP metrics to maximize efficiency, optimize resources, and measure overall effectiveness
- Identify and prioritize sensitive information, assets, and activities, evaluate the threat, identify vulnerabilities, and implement appropriate countermeasures to streamline and automate existing processes and champion new technologies to enhance Cognizant’s INRA ITP posture
- Review existing INRA Programs and develop and implement new methods to enhance the program
- Oversee and conduct investigations related to insider threat and other related and administrative topics as directed
- Establish and maintain mechanisms for the exchange of threat and vulnerability information and best practices.
- Triage data of anomalous events collected by data analytics tools and sources to decipher underlying trends or uncover anomalies and discern obscure patterns and attributes
- Elevate events of concern and produce INRA ITP leads that document issues on computer misuse, various violations of policies, counterintelligence concerns, foreign influence, financial stressors, threats to self or others, and other insider threat concerns
- Provide analytic support to investigations, and administrative or security inquiries
- Execute and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the INRA ITP
- Brief team members on emerging threats and indicators
- Collaborate with outside Insider Threat Professionals and Cognizant Functional teams to develop innovative INRA ITP capabilities to further enhance our proactive and reactive INRA ITP process
- Drive corporate INRA ITP efforts to ensure all aspects of the INRA ITP in compliance with Cognizant and other policies, directives, instructions, and procedures
- 20+ years of experience as a Credentialed Counterintelligence (CI) Officer trained by a certified US Federal Government organization
- 15+ years of experience of OPSEC, INFOSEC, Law enforcement, CI, and Link Analysis
- 10+ years of experience with industrial policies and requirements
- 20+ years of experience in global travel
- Experience interpreting data from network and host-based monitoring solutions and ingesting and analyzing non-technical data feeds to uncover anomalies and attributes of potential insider risk activity
- Extensive knowledge of adversarial information collection and recruitment methods
- Strong understanding of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider risk activity such as espionage, sabotage, intellectual property theft, workplace violence, etc.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Operations Center or similar environment methodology, to include threat monitoring, intrusion detection, incident response, handling, and remediation
- Experience leading people, tasks, and projects
- Expert in MS Office Suite
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 15+ years of experience in counterintelligence/insider threat in lieu of college degree
- Experience working for a global Fortune 500 Company
- Experience with Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence matters
- Understanding of statecraft, national security and international affairs, and foreign policy
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary for this position is between $190,000-$210,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program and stock awards, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 15 2022
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.