Sales AnalystDS Smith
Atlanta, GA 30308
Microsoft Powerpoint: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type- Full-time
Supports DS Smith Supply Engine sales initiatives with expertise in sales excellence matters to support Sales teams in customer segmentation, pricing models and strategies, profitability analyses, product mix, etc. S(h)e will support the executive sales team with reporting and presentations
The Sales Analyst position works directly with various teams across DS Smith to build and manage a pipeline of commercial projects and enhancements. Must have financial business acumen.
A successful candidate must have experience defining and operating sales processes preferably in an industrial environment
The position collaborates with various teams to determine the timing and cost of specific projects.
The role will support key stakeholders in sales with support of data accuracy and validation
Areas of Responsibility
Data Analysis & Project Management
· Identify and analyze multiple components of a problem and make conclusions using sales, operational and financial data.
· Participate in strategic projects within sales SE NAPP
· Facilitate problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people
· Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analysis and make oral/written recommendations to upper management.
· Communicate issues and roadblocks timely and transparently
· Excel and Power Point demonstrated skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges
· Problem solving strong quantitative skills
· Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
· Ability to Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
· Perform ad hoc and trend analyses to discover actionable information in support of management decision making
· Generate sales reports utilizing Microsoft 365, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
· Develop and circulate monthly sales forecasts
· Develop and circulate sales pricing sheets for external and internal customers
· Run the customer price change approval process
· Run the new customer approval process
· Maintain customer database of key information
· Support sales deliverables for Budget and 3-year plan process
· Follow-up with mills on customer orders (ie. Delivery dates, walking new customer orders through the system, ensuring booking orders are captured, etc)
· Ensure, maintain and check for data accuracy on reporting, customer pricing, and supporting sales needs
· Assist in projects as needed
Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal) with all levels throughout the organization.
Ability to work well with others and team oriented.
Documents and provides training for newly implemented systems and/or processes.
People (Number of Directs / Indirects managed)
No direct reports.
Indirect relationships include local plant customer service, plant leadership, fellow sales team members, etc.
Education & certifications
· Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer background in sales and finance
· At least three years’ experience within a business function
· With business analysis or business process improvement activity required
Job specific technical requirements
· Experience with process improvement techniques and tools
· Excellent presentation, documentation, and project management skills
· Reporting and data visualization skills
Experience, Skills and Behaviors
· Grasp complex issues and processes quickly
· Ability to handle multiple shifting priorities and manage ambiguity
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong communications skills written and spoken
· Strong Analytical ability and ability to make inferences out of data and note trends and patterns
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location