Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project ManagerColdbox Builders Inc.
Are you driven by client success? Are you eager to be part of a dynamic organization that is scaling fast and scaling right? Are you excited about the prospect of contributing to the security of the global food supply chain?
Coldbox Builders is a dynamic and trusted ICI Design Builder specializing in environmentally controlled facilities. Headquartered in Ontario, Canada, we have expanded into the United States with the launch of CBUSA based in Atlanta, Ga., and have plans to expand globally. What is the key to our growing success? It’s our commitment to building trusting relationships with our clients, vendors, and our own people. Our relentless pursuit of quality, innovation, and continuous improvement. It’s our willingness to dare to be great as we help food and pharmaceutical companies grow their business and elevate the standard of living around the world.
We are currently seeking an energetic sales professional to join our rapidly growing company as an Assistant Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Assistant PM is responsible for supporting overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The Assistant PM is responsible for assisting the Project Manager overseeing several projects at a time and communicating with a range of people including clients, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
- Help to lead and support the Design Build Team and Client Relationship from sales hand over to turnkey project delivery.
- Keep projects on or below budget by tendering scopes of work competitively and negotiating buyouts of sub-contracts based on overall value of the bid and schedule impacts.
- Budget management and tracking of multiple projects.
- Identify project risks, mitigate company exposure to them effectively and within the terms of both Prime and sub-contracts.
- Drive project schedules through planning and leading Site Superintendents, Project Coordinators and Trade Contractors, being proactive and clear on next steps.
- Ensure the schedule is being tracked regularly on an actual vs baseline basis.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure quality is being delivered, sites are well maintained, and that Superintendents are running “tight ships”.
- Oversee tendering, bid selection, buy-out approval, and contract administration.
- Post-Construction client support for warranty calls.
- Ensuring construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance Department accurately and on time.
- Support on control of the construction program of the project with timely and accurate preparation and administration of submittals, change logs, inspection requirements, and RFI logs weather maintained by yourself or others within the project team.
- Proactively prevent disputes from arising. Where they do your responsibility is to carry them to a swift conclusion with support of senior leadership.
- Input with monthly budget forecasting for projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High levels of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to analyze and articulate in detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent understanding of drawings and specification interpretation.
- Excellent understanding of job cost accounting.
- Good understanding of how the engineering department works.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong organization skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to command action when required.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasion skills.
- Strong ethics and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate will have an appropriate and applicable degree in engineering and a minimum of 3 years practical and relevant construction work experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This role is an office-based position located at Coldbox Builders in Atlanta, USA. The normal office hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday with the need to travel to site. As this is project work, the demands of the project schedule or maintaining effective client relationships may require availability or work activity outside of the normal hours.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCRETION
The incumbent must maintain the confidentiality of all company and customer information and must not discuss such matters outside of Coldbox Builders. Tact and discretion must be used in all dealings with all customers and potential customers to maintain a positive image of Coldbox Builders.
Coldbox Builders is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We offer a fun, culturally diverse and energetic work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, social activities, team-building events, and career development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay