Freight Cash Coordinator
Freight Cash CoordinatorInchcape Shipping
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Required)
Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
Location: Must be in Atlanta, GA (hybrid). We are expanding our business in Atlanta, GA and in the process of getting a new office space around peachtree/norcross area. This position will start off remote, and then transition to hybrid.
Who we are?
At Inchcape, our vision is to have a connected world, in which our customers trade successfully and make better decisions in every port, everywhere. We use technology and our global network to help our partners connect to a smoother, smarter ocean. Inchcape combines its worldwide infrastructure with local expertise through our global network of over 240 proprietary offices, across 60 countries and a team of more than 2,500 committed professionals. Our diverse global customer base includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container and bulk commodity sectors as well as naval, government and intergovernmental organizations.
We have an ambitious growth model and a career here is certainly going to be a rewarding one that will allow you to bring your skills & experience. We embrace change and are open to new thinking and pushing for positive change in our industry.
The Freight Cash Coordinator will be responsible for interacting with customer on release of cargo after collecting freight charges and approve freight release in case of credit.
The Freight Cash Coordinator will report to the Liner Account Manager.
- Issue receipts for freight collections and approve freight release of cargo by notifying the documentation department of collection.
- Update shipping line systems freight collection details per bill of lading.
- Issue receipts for container deposits and process refunds once containers returned
- Issue receipts for detention and demurrage collections
- As required coordinate with stakeholders in the relevant tasks.
- Ensure on a daily basis all checks collected during the day are entered into a list and the corresponding checks are banked the next day.
- Reconcile checks and wires
- Research missing payment details
- Monitor email box for unapplied payments
- 1-2 years’ experience in similar freight cashier or finance role processing bill of ladings and collections is preferred
- Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Eligibility to work in the US
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of shipping industry or freight logistics
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Excellent control of English (speaking, reading, and writing)
Why Inchcape Shipping Services?
We believe in building a diverse and high performing workforce, that works together to provide our customers with the exceptional service they deserve. To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training and expertise. We realize the value of our staff and know that your unique experiences, skills and passions will help you to build a rich and rewarding career in our dynamic industry.
Our values are at the center of everything we do, and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate and fully adopt these:
Global Perspective - we connect the world and see the bigger picture.
The Power of People - we rely on the strength of local agent knowledge and relationships.
Progress - we adopt new thinking and push for positive change in our industry.
In return, we will offer you:
· Life & Disability Insurance
· Competitive salary
· Employee Assistance Program
· Career development and progression opportunities
· Values Award celebration events
Plus, much more!
If you think that you have the right skills, knowledge, and attitude to join our team, then we invite you to apply by simply clicking at the top of this advert!
Inchcape is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions Inchcape makes are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Inchcape encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you comfortable working in a hybrid setting?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- logistics and supply chain: 1 year (Required)
- maritime: 1 year (Required)
- accounting/auditing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location